Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Stocks

http://techcrunch.com/2014/07/24/fac...ign=fb&ncid=fb

Facebook Is Now Worth $190 Billion

Facebook is worth more than Amazon. Following yesterday’s earnings report, Facebook shares hit an all-time high in after-hours trading at $75. Price has been very stable this morning as well, confirming yesterday’s pop. Shares opened at $75.96 a share, then set a new record at $76.74. Now, shares are trading at $75.13.
    In other words, Facebook’s market capitalization is now around $190 billion, which is above Amazon’s market capitalization of $165 billion.
    With $2.91 billion in revenue and earnings of $0.42 per share, the company beat the analysts’ expectations. When you see Facebook’s earnings chart, it seems like there is no end in sight. Facebook is a great example of a tech company that has performed very well since going public.
    It could have bigger consequences on the stock market. Investors could become bullish on other tech stocks due to Facebook’s good performance.

Facebook is a much different company than it was when it went public in May 2012. At the time, most of its users were browsing the social network on their laptops, and the company’s ad offering wasn’t as effective as it could be. Now, most users go to Facebook on their phones, and the mobile ads are performing very well.
    But if you look back even further, nobody would have thought five years ago that Facebook would be worth more than Amazon, around half of Google and Microsoft. One last number, Facebook is now worth more than eight times Twitter.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

NASDAQ Graph dating back to when this thread was started (when it went public) through yesterday:

Name:  fbs.JPG
Views: 488
Size:  40.4 KB
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

There is no commonsense reason for Facebook to be valued where it is.....

Do some research on the Dutch Tulip Bulb Bubble of 1637 and you will understand what is happening with Facebook.

Now if I could just remember the password to my AOL account,

5. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    Perhaps it would be smart to buy it now and sell it in two years to double the investment...Hmmm, I'll have to flip a coin and think about it.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

Up to $77 a share.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    I bought Panasonic a few weeks ago, since they're going to be the primary supplier for Tesla. Not climbing real fast, but its climbing.
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

FB is nearing $81 a share. Just for fun, any guesses as to when it will level off or drop?

FB is leveling off now
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

FB down almost 6% today.

If you want a good stock to go long on, check out Barrick Gold (ABX). It won't earn you much in the short term, but it's long upside potential is huge. They have a small dividend, and they're trading at crazy lows right now. The next time the economy gets a little shaky Barrick stock will rocket to the moon again.

Here is the problem with the current Facebook stock price.

Facebook is valued at $200 billion.

To give you an idea of how out of whack that is...

Ford valued at $65 billion
    General Motors valued at $170 billion
    General Electric valued at $147 billion
    LG Electronics valued at $10 billion
    Samsung valued at $186 billion
    Denver Broncos valued at $1 billion
    Dallas Cowboys valued at $3 billion
    Entire NFL valued at $45 billion

FB is positioned for a disastrous collapse IMO. Right now it's positioned on an unsubstantive bubble that will implode horrifically when it implodes. Not a question of if...

The Nasdaq climbed above the 5000-point level for the first time in almost 15 years on Monday, a milestone that hasn't been achieved since the '90s economic boom.

The rebound underscores the renewed ascendancy of U.S. financial markets following the twin crashes of 2000 and 2008 as well as the repeated U.S. debt-ceiling standoffs in recent years.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-stock-futures-little-changed-ahead-of-data-1425302537?mod=e2fb

If you want a good stock to go long on, check out Barrick Gold (ABX). It won't earn you much in the short term, but it's long upside potential is huge. They have a small dividend, and they're trading at crazy lows right now. The next time the economy gets a little shaky Barrick stock will rocket to the moon again.
    Unless they go bankrupt first, which seems possible:

Name:  barrick.JPG
Views: 378
Size:  52.7 KB

According to Macro-axis, there's about a 50% chance of the company going bankrupt within two years. It is either a good time to buy (on the assumption that the economy tanks or begins to tank within two years) or a bad time (assuming the company goes bankrupt).

http://www.macroaxis.com/invest/rati...-Of-Bankruptcy

I'm tempted to buy, but not enough to risk retirement on. If they do survive the next few years, I agree that prices will skyrocket eventually.

If you want a good stock to go long on, check out Barrick Gold (ABX)
    This is great advise, I just dumped a ton of money into Barrick. Unlike investing in Facebook, Barrick has actual assets that are worth about $40 per share. Most of those assets are in land which never loses value over the long haul as its a finite commodity. So anytime Barrick drops below $40 a share it's a great value.

Not to mention Barrick is world wide company so if gold prices drop they just temporarly close some of their less profitable mines.

In addition Barrick just dumped about $1 BILLION dollars into their new TCM Leach facility and have a back log of three years worth of ore stockpiled to run through the faciclity soon as it's on-line in the very near future. Also the technology used in the TCM project can and will be sold to other mines in the near future.

How do I know all this you ask? Because I did a lot of the design work on the new TCM Leach facility at Barrick Goldstrike.

I'll never understand why someone would invest in Facebook and it's dreams, smoke and mirrors when they can invest is a hard tangible asset like Barrick, GM, Ford, GE.

Your Mileage May Vary.

Yeah I've visited several of Barrick's mines. They really have their $hit together. Vast reserves that are constantly growing, and the technology to recover it. It's pretty impressive.

If they ever get into a position where they're seriously staring down Bankruptcy, Newmont or someone else would sweep in and buy them out.

I was just looking and Barrick currently has something like $1.7 trillion dollars in provable and probable gold, which doesn't even consider the other high dollar mineral reserves.

Facebook stock just hit $100 a share.

Barrick Gold is down to $7.46 a share.

Still, if Barrick is able to ride the low prices before bankruptcy, it could be a good investment move.

FB is nearing $110 per share. I should have bought it when it was $25 a share

Barrick Gold just shut down their Salt Lake City office. It shut down its Perth Australia office as well. It's credit rating is now rated as "junk status". Macro Access is now predicting a 52% chance of bankruptcy.

Any predictions on whether they will go bankrupt or not?

Mountain Man
    Macroaxis has Apple at a 10% chance of bk. The z-score algorithm isn't foolproof.

Gold is still over 1k an ounce, and that's 5x of when Barrick was operating a decade+ ago. In 2001, gold was around $250 and ABX was trading double today.

That said, the industry hasn't reached capitulation yet. That will happen when a major goes under, and other players pick up the pieces.

Good article: http://seekingalpha.com/article/3713...g-barrick-gold

The revision history is showing analyst flow maybe starting to turn:

Name:  abx.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  102.3 KB

23. Likes oldno7 liked this post

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum