Page 28 of 70 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Stocks

Today logged the largest single day gain ever. But beware the dead-cat bounce that may come tomorrow.

Name:  1000.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  41.8 KB
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

How come Accadacca never stops by to post that info?

Hillary was asking...

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    How come Accadacca never stops by to post that info?

Hillary was asking...

I was wondering the same thing.

After the Dow topped 1,000 I logged on expecting to see a post or two from Acca proclaiming a monstrously bullish day for the stock market and surprised that there wasn't even a blip out of him about the matter.

It's like he's the CNN of Bogley...
    Last edited by rockgremlin; 12-26-2018 at 03:55 PM.

One good day isn't a trend. This month is still on pace for the worst December since 1931.

Let's just hope the Trump Stock Crash doesn't lead to the Trump Recession.

Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    Let's just hope the Trump Stock Crash doesn't lead to the Trump Recession.
    Politically what happens in the stock market doesn't really mean anything right now.... It's what it does in the first 9 months of 2020 that will matter.

YMMV

Want to get rich quick? Buy stocks when they are low and sell them when they are high.....

Want to get rich quick? Buy stocks when they are low and sell them when they are high.....

Yes, BUT....

Beware the commissions. Most online stock trading platforms charge up to $10 per trade. Those fees can add up, and cancel out whatever gains you may have made.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Yes, BUT....

Beware the commissions. Most online stock trading platforms charge up to $10 per trade. Those fees can add up, and cancel out whatever gains you may have made.
    You need to change brokers as I pay no where near that... Plenty of online discount brokers so you don't get raped with no lube.

YMMV

Climb-Utah.com

Who's your broker? I started back in 2009 with TD Ameritrade...back when stocks were trading at bargain basement prices as a result of the Great Recession. I purchased Ford stock for around 0.50 a share. Great time to jump into the stock market.

But I quickly learned the commissions were juicing my profits and had to back off.

Charles Schwab is where I trade. I believe they are $4.95 a trade regardless of how many shares you trade.

But I don't pay even that as I've had 5 accounts there for over 40 years that now have a sizable balance and some grandfathered commission rates and rules.

Climb-Utah.com

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    On cue...
    That's predictable, and will not change until the government shutdown is over and the up coming meetings with China are a done deal... in other words talk to me in a month.

Just curious accadacca, what's it like always cheering for your country to lose?

Climb-Utah.com

No cheering, just reporting the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    No cheering, just reporting the facts.
    No... you're cheering...

Climb-Utah.com

So accadacca... if you're not cheering against the US why don't you ever post the positives? Why do you only post the negatives?

Stocks pull a U-turn and soar after jobs report, trade talks
    https://www.ksl.com/article/46461289...rt-trade-talks

FWIW - If your beloved Apple wasn't tanking at the moment these numbers would be even higher.

Name:  Screenshot_2019-01-04-12-31-04.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  84.6 KB

800 point rally, Yowza! Next week is gonna be interesting.

800 point rally, Yowza! Next week is gonna be interesting.
    If the China talks scheduled for next week fall in the US's favor the stock market should skyrocket.

I hope so as I dumped $50k into stocks on Wednesday.... Buy low... sell high... live the good life...

Damnit I knew I should've bought a small portion of Sears stock just out of sheer morbid lunacy. I was oh so tempted to dive in for a few hundred shares last week. Too bad I didn't....

Name:  sears.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  39.9 KB

Damnit I knew I should've bought a small portion of Sears stock just out of sheer morbid lunacy. I was oh so tempted to dive in for a few hundred shares last week. Too bad I didn't....
    Don't worry... you'll get a least one more chance as Sears is swirling around the toilet bowl over the next couple of days.

Since Sears sold off the very profitable Craftsmen Tools I no longer care.

Don't worry... you'll get a least one more chance as Sears is swirling around the toilet bowl the next couple of days..

Yeah but a 30% increase (at one point it was nearing 40%) is tough to miss out on.

Folks should post in this thread stocks they have a hunch will pop soon. Or at least PM me.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum