Page 11 of 70 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Stocks

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    I now have shares in lithium/cobalt/mj and lots of other fine things
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

'Melt-Up’ Rally Propels Dow Above 26000 as Fear Turns to Greed

Just another day in Trump World ® where the stock market smashes all previous records. This time it took only 8 days for the DJIA to soar through another 1,000 point milestone surpassing 26,000. Do people realize how much wealth was created in just over a weeks time? It's just crazy.

A serious question, (@Brian in SLC, @DIRK Hammergate) and others... do the liberal's still have all their cash in the bank awaiting the predicted market crash if Trump is elected President? Or have you at least jumped on this portion of the Trump Train?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/melt-up...eed-1516222815

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    'Melt-Up’ Rally Propels Dow Above 26000 as Fear Turns to Greed

Just another day in Trump World ® where the stock market smashes all previous records. This time it took only 8 days for the DJIA to soar through another 1,000 point milestone surpassing 26,000. Do people realize how much wealth was created in just over a weeks time? It's just crazy.

A serious question, (@Brian in SLC, @DIRK Hammergate) and others... do the liberal's still have all their cash in the bank awaiting the predicted market crash if Trump is elected President? Or have you at least jumped on this portion of the Trump Train?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/melt-up...eed-1516222815

I too wonder about this. For all of the bitching and whining and snowflake melting....is the Trump hating uber-left just storing all of their cash under the mattress? Or are they secretly relishing all of these stock market gains? Tough to argue against a guy that pads your pocketbook.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Since the day Trump was elected President the stock market has hit a new all time high 96 times.

#MAGA

Since the day Trump was elected President the stock market has hit a new all time high 96 times.

#MAGA
    And will continue to do so.
    Any pullbacks that exceed 2-3% would cause a tiny bit of concern.
    There is no 10-20% correction in the near future.
    Current earnings are going very well, there has been no developing bubble, this rally is real.
    IMO-dow 30,000 by end 2018
    You could lose every penny you ever earned by listening to the above.
    Buy bitcoin, its safe, I would guess it hits 3-4000 long before 20,000
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Just checked my 401k and it's up 24.54% in the last 12 months.

I have two 401k's...

22% and 16%.

Given that they're not all stock based...pretty good.

9. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian in SLC View Post
    I have two 401k's...

22% and 16%.

Given that they're not all stock based...pretty good.
    22% is a reasonable return on a diversified retirement plan over the past year, this is about average and I'd be happy with that. 16% is not very good and I would not be happy. YMMV... Do you have any control over how these are invested?

22% is a reasonable return on a diversified retirement plan over the past year, this is about average and I'd be happy with that. 16% is not very good and I would not be happy. YMMV... Do you have any control over how these are invested?
    I do...but...

I'm kinda at the point where I don't want to survive another down turn.

The 16% is one that is much smaller and not as funded so to speak. So, smaller amount and tied to a bit more stock that gets matched but hasn't been as strong a performer (but still strong enough).

Blended fund. Not as perky. Much lower risk. Got some bonds in there...

I see S&P 500 fund got near 22% last year...

Hmmm. Easy to feed at the trough...

So...what's good? Large cap, mid cap, international? Who has that crystal ball?

Some amazing numbers from the last year...to be sure...cha ching!

I do...but...

I'm kinda at the point where I don't want to survive another down turn.

The 16% is one that is much smaller and not as funded so to speak. So, smaller amount and tied to a bit more stock that gets matched but hasn't been as strong a performer (but still strong enough).

Blended fund. Not as perky. Much lower risk. Got some bonds in there...

I see S&P 500 fund got near 22% last year...

Hmmm. Easy to feed at the trough...

So...what's good? Large cap, mid cap, international? Who has that crystal ball?

Some amazing numbers from the last year...to be sure...cha ching!

It's a tough call, the problem is 2 years at 25% is better than 5 years at 10%, so belly up to the trough while the eating is good.

I have 3 different retirement accounts spread out among three different money managers, spread out into everything you can possibly think of. They averaged a little better then 25% last year. None of my accounts are high risk and are in what is considered moderate risk, about a 3 on the 1 to 5 scale.

I'm in the same boat as you in that I'm getting close enough to retirement I can see the finish line and don't want to get tripped up now.

It's a tough call, the problem is 2 years at 25% is better than 5 years at 10%, so belly up to the trough while the eating is good.

I have 3 different retirement accounts spread out among three different money managers, spread out into everything you can possibly think of. They averaged a little better then 25% last year. None of my accounts are high risk and are in what is considered moderate risk, about a 3 on the 1 to 5 scale.

I'm in the same boat as you in that I'm getting close enough to retirement I can see the finish line and don't want to get tripped up now.
    Yeah...I got hammered hard a couple of times by being greedy. Sure, I recovered...but...I don't want to have to again.

I probably need a money manager....there's certainly funds I could get in that might not be as much risk as I think they are. Geez, how long is this bubble going to go before it pops??

I'm kinda fortunate as well that I have a couple of pensions too. Kids these days (you know...kids these days) don't get much in the way of pensions offered up any more. I'll be happy to eat that extra can of Alpo in retirement...ha ha.

And....remember...social security isn't an entitlement!

Anyhow...money manager...got a recommendation? One time deal or % as you go? How's that work?

My 401k accounts are at Fidelity...and...I could certainly use their resources...but...thoughts?

Yeah...I got hammered hard a couple of times by being greedy. Sure, I recovered...but...I don't want to have to again.

I probably need a money manager....there's certainly funds I could get in that might not be as much risk as I think they are. Geez, how long is this bubble going to go before it pops??

I'm kinda fortunate as well that I have a couple of pensions too. Kids these days (you know...kids these days) don't get much in the way of pensions offered up any more. I'll be happy to eat that extra can of Alpo in retirement...ha ha.

And....remember...social security isn't an entitlement!

Anyhow...money manager...got a recommendation? One time deal or % as you go? How's that work?

My 401k accounts are at Fidelity...and...I could certainly use their resources...but...thoughts?
    Check your private messages.

lost about $3500 in MJ, yesterday.

Gained back $1800 so far today.

I could see the drop coming but failed to act.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

got $2600 back now
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

You are just paying some asshole to do something you can manage on your own. But if you do get a manager make sure they serve as a fiduciary.

Quote Originally Posted by basilone0331 View Post
    You are just paying some asshole to do something you can manage on your own. But if you do get a manager make sure they serve as a fiduciary.
    I managed my own stocks for years and the outside asshole makes me a lot more money than I made on my own. I just don't have the hundreds of hours to devote to it that he does, I'm to busy making money at my real job. YMMV

I managed my own stocks for years and the outside asshole makes me a lot more money than I made on my own. I just don't have the hundreds of hours to devote to it that he does, I'm to busy making money at my real job. YMMV
    I tried the stock picking game and clearly shouldn't be doing that for a living. I only do index funds now. I've never had an individual financial planner, but within my various employer's 401k plans none of the actively managed ones consistently outperform their reference index funds.

Quote Originally Posted by basilone0331 View Post
    I tried the stock picking game and clearly shouldn't be doing that for a living. I only do index funds now. I've never had an individual financial planner, but within my various employer's 401k plans none of the actively managed ones consistently outperform their reference index funds.
    I have index funds as well, but that's really pushing the definition of "managing stocks on your own".

haven't got an updated draft of Presidential comparisons, lately, update would be
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum