Page 32 of 70 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Stocks

Old Negative Nellie should be entering in 3... 2... 1...

Climb-Utah.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Stocks

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Old Negative Nellie should be entering in 3... 2... 1...

Climb-Utah.com
    Dow plummets 800 points as recession worries intensify, bond market raises red flag. Worst day of the year.

We're headed into a recession? How so? Growth is still strong, and unemployment still low.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

I'm kinda new at this, what is the relationship with your chart and the stock market?

I can't read it very well, some kind of a spread?

It would help when posting charts to give some kind of analysis.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

I think it's a chart that measures the Dow in 1/1000 of a point...something like that. Just enough so it looks scary.

At 56 years old, I've learned a lot about myself and a lot about other people. Seems to me that some folks seem to like hurting themselves.

Anyway...I bet it jumps right back up tomorrow. A whole bunch of people made a lot of money today. This will likely happen off and on 'till X-mas. Jr. wants the G.I. Joe with the kung fu grip.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Stocks go up and stocks go down.... if you want to make money buy low and sell high...

Personally I'm not worried about the current US economy... This dip has everything to do with China and German economy's swirling the toliet bowl. Foreign money suddenly poured into the US bond market as a safe harbor. The idiots that just read and react to charts and micro trends will figure it out shortly and it will bounce back up. There is no reason for stocks to plunge today outside of panic and liberal wishful thinking.

Climb-Utah.com

If you're wringing your hands and fretting that the U.S. is on the verge of plunging into another recession abyss.....don't.

The type of recession that is allegedly in the works is a very brief one that will not last more than a few weeks/months before springing back up, stronger than ever. Here's an article that will explain this better than I can, complete with fancy charts and graphs:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/af...978-2019-08-14

So if @accadacca is worried that his kid's college fund is getting flushed down the crapper, he can rest easier knowing that this is more than likely just normal market movements at best, and a very minor and short-lived mini-recession at worst.

Would still be nice if you post a chart to make a point---Identify the point you are trying to make.

How else do us poor folks learn...
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

13. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    Would still be nice if you post a chart to make a point---Identify the point you are trying to make.

How else do us poor folks learn...
    I did. The article I posted has several charts with explanations.
    Last edited by rockgremlin; 08-14-2019 at 10:45 PM.

Here’s the commentary from a friend of mine who is a Trump hater...

Code:
    This morning, the U.S. yield curve inverted for the first time since 2007. This development has preceded every U.S. recession over the past 45 years. It's a warning sign, and the market is tanking again in response.

The 2017 tax cut for billionaires flopped. Government spending far outpaced revenue the last two years. The U.S. debt has grown at the fastest pace in 75 years since Trump took office. And Trump's multi-front trade war has done significant damage to the economy and to U.S. agriculture markets. Dropping out of TPP and bullying the Fed into rate cuts were disastrous moves. So was ignoring market volatility and global warning signs.  A lot of bad decisions and failed policies the past three years to get us here.

We've never faced a recession with this amount of debt, with the Fed backed into a corner with so little room to maneuver, and with so many of our trade alliances in ashes.

^^^Someone is watching to much CNN and The View.

Climb-Utah.com

So, is your friend an economist or just a Trump hater? I agree with Ice here, whenever folks publish doom and gloom it's usually because they have an agenda and they really don't know what they're talking about.

I can recall when Trump was elected everybody predicted the stock market would collapse overnight and it did just the opposite.

Looks like that "tanking" market is up 100 points this morning...

The inverted bond market may be an indicator of a recession to come. One annalist on the radio stated this morning that worry is when it remains this way for 3-4 months. Check back in three months.
    Life is Good

Acca is like my brother.... he watches CNN all day long and then actually believes the sky is falling.

If you really believe #FakeNews then now would be a great time to dump all stocks and invest in Gold. You would bank enough coin to never have to work again if CNN's prediction (wish?) were to come true.

^^^That last one...

The Gold graph is funny..... Looks like something from CNN's morning Trump doom and gloom forecast...

But look at gold's price in the last economic meltdown of 2009, and think how much you could have made if you had dumped all your assets and bought Gold in 2006. You would have banked double in just a couple of years.

Deje vu... let me explain what #FakeNews is currently attempting to do....

This is getting to be just like near the end of Bush's 2nd term when the media convinced the people we were in a recession long before it actually happened so Obama would be voted in as president.

It was a self fulfilling prophecy because when you tell people enough that the economy is crashing, they will spend less which will lead us into a real recession.

Now, they are doing it in hopes Trump won't get reelected.

Here's a Google News search ...

https://www.google.com/search?q=rece...w=1366&bih=609

Kudos to Trump for pointing out the media is trying to create a recession so a Democrat will be elected in 2020.

If only Dubya Bush had the guts to say that when they did it to him so Obama would be elected.

23. Likes rockgremlin liked this post

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum