Page 69 of 70 FirstFirst ... 195967686970 LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 1389

Thread: Stocks

Yesterday this story popped up on my news feed. Now the story no longer exists and the link is dead. I guess they don't want to glorify this Gamestop debacle any further.

Name:  20210129_091819.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  75.4 KB
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Hammergate View Post
    REN, SERUM, VGX are the small stuff I'm currently loading up on consistently. I bought a couple grand of DOT and Link around 12 bucks, will just hold them. I also chip away at the usual suspects, ETH and BTC with anything extra per month. It's a pretty wild ride but a fun way to put away surplus cash. I still maximize my 401k and 401b accounts, this is just extra for somewhere down the line. Like my "break glass in case of emergency" fund.

I got 2500 shares of VGX at .90, that's working out really well. I think it'll be at $30 be end of year.

@DirkHammergate -- I moved this over from a previous thread.

I'll have to check these out. Crypto seems to be sputtering a little bit the last couple of days. I kind of thought it might happen since it blew right past $50,000 without taking a breather. It might be loading up to make another run soon. Who knows? Whenever I think crypto has overextended itself it lurches higher. I'd love to know how far @DiscGo thinks it will go? The bitcoin cheerleaders in the media claim it will go up to $250,000.

Speaking of overextended....the market in general is pretty overbought these days, and it's high time for a decent correction. Since the last three days has seen some pretty decent volatility I think we're on the cusp of a pullback. I could see tomorrow shaping up to be a 'black Friday'.
    Last edited by rockgremlin; 02-25-2021 at 05:37 PM.

Ouch!!!

The last couple of days have been a blood bath.

Thanks Biden!

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    @DirkHammergate -- I moved this over from a previous thread.

I'll have to check these out. Crypto seems to be sputtering a little bit the last couple of days. I kind of thought it might happen since it blew right past $50,000 without taking a breather. It might be loading up to make another run soon. Who knows? Whenever I think crypto has overextended itself it lurches higher. I'd love to know how far @DiscGo thinks it will go? The bitcoin cheerleaders in the media claim it will go up to $250,000.

Speaking of overextended....the market in general is pretty overbought these days, and it's high time for a decent correction. Since the last three days has seen some pretty decent volatility I think we're on the cusp of a pullback. I could see tomorrow shaping up to be a 'black Friday'.
    The volatility is pretty exhausting. My best friend got in on VGX with 64,000 @ .44 cents a share. I have 2500 .90, I literally get texts from him on the wild swings. I have to remind him that he's got to hold it for a year, we're both in capital gains territory (I ain't giving an extra 17% away on anything). The rests are going to be holds like I said before. It's literally wild to see stocks double or triple in 72 hours then drop to a loss, then repeat.

He told me he'd pay my house off when it goes to $50 a share. I only owe like 90k on it so I told him to throw in a new Toyota Tacoma while he was at it. Pain, suffering, and mental damages for a years worth of constant text messages and talking him off the ledge.

Yesterday was pretty good on my 401a and 403b, YTD return is 28.9% and 26.7% respectively.

I think Crypto is in for a reckoning sooner than later though. No empirical evidence, just doesn't seem as solid as the gains appear to make them be. I'm probably wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by DirkHammergate View Post
    I think Crypto is in for a reckoning sooner than later though. No empirical evidence, just doesn't seem as solid as the gains appear to make them be. I'm probably wrong though.

I tend to agree. But although crypto is massively oversold these days one thing is for certain...it's here to stay. I believe crypto (or some iteration of it) is going to be permanently assimilated into society much like the internet was in the 90's.

What's VGX? My trading platform claims it is not a tradeable stock.

I tend to agree. But although crypto is massively oversold these days one thing is for certain...it's here to stay. I believe crypto (or some iteration of it) is going to be permanently assimilated into society much like the internet was in the 90's.

What's VGX? My trading platform claims it is not a tradeable stock.
    He probably means VGX.X Voyager. It was below a dollar till January and is now at 5 something.

It's definitely a blood bath out there, red across most of the board. I've got a few saving graces that I luckily got in on when low (VSTO and MVIS) that are doing well.

Played around with some GME a bit and that was fun. I normally research, buy, and sit on it for 6 months. But on a whim I picked up 10 shares in early January at $20 and then offloaded those last week at a $100. I might have to look into being more active! Currently looking pretty hard at mining and rare metals.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Excuse me, I'd like to speak with the manager. I was told stocks only go up?????

Jokes aside, what do you guys think about NVDA? I am pretty bullish long term on it. It keeps dropping and I keep buying. I started to buy last month at about $520 and have bought 6 more times since then. I was sitting pretty a few weeks ago, but it has been tanking for a while now. I bought a few more shares today when it hit $495, and it now consists of about 20% of my non retirement portfolio. The big red # is annoying but I am planning on holding this for a few years and expect it to be at $700 a year from now.
    Thanos was right

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc View Post
    He probably means VGX.X Voyager. It was below a dollar till January and is now at 5 something.

It's definitely a blood bath out there, red across most of the board. I've got a few saving graces that I luckily got in on when low (VSTO and MVIS) that are doing well.

Played around with some GME a bit and that was fun. I normally research, buy, and sit on it for 6 months. But on a whim I picked up 10 shares in early January at $20 and then offloaded those last week at a $100. I might have to look into being more active! Currently looking pretty hard at mining and rare metals.

I trade VSTO and MVIS sometimes as well. They both got destroyed today, especially MVIS. Might catch a bounce tomorrow.

Gold miners are starting to look alive again after a prolonged downturn. I think they'll do well from here now that the market has the jitters and folks are bailing out of stocks and into bonds.

A good etf to check out in times of high volatility downturns is UVXY -- when the market is all red UVXY is up big. And it's relatively cheap at under $10/share.

Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    Excuse me, I'd like to speak with the manager. I was told stocks only go up?????

Jokes aside, what do you guys think about NVDA? I am pretty bullish long term on it. It keeps dropping and I keep buying. I started to buy last month at about $520 and have bought 6 more times since then. I was sitting pretty a few weeks ago, but it has been tanking for a while now. I bought a few more shares today when it hit $495, and it now consists of about 20% of my non retirement portfolio. The big red # is annoying but I am planning on holding this for a few years and expect it to be at $700 a year from now.
    Over the next few years I'd expect NVDA to rally back to it's previous highs although I'd hold off on buying any further shares right now though since it appears the market has entered somewhat of a correction. Even though NVDA has entered "oversold" territory, you can still probably get NVDA for cheaper in the next week or two. Fibonacci says you could probably get it for around $400 on a 50% retracement, though I'd ask a second opinion from @oldno7, he's the fib grand master.

Market downturns are great - that's when you can scoop up bargains. Looks like NVDA has a decent dividend offering in 5 days too.

11. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Brace yourselves fellas, Black Friday incoming!!

Tomorrow is going to be very, very ugly. Evidently, the Fed's Mr Powell didn't adequately address inflationary measures and so the market is going to express their displeasure by selling everything not related to energy. Add to that fear is spiking because the market is overly inflated and you've got the recipe for a 1,000 point down day tomorrow.

Easily closing under 30K tomorrow.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    how bout them gas/fuel prices..

Thanks--biden
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

15. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post
    Brace yourselves fellas, Black Friday incoming!!

Tomorrow is going to be very, very ugly. Evidently, the Fed's Mr Powell didn't adequately address inflationary measures and so the market is going to express their displeasure by selling everything not related to energy. Add to that fear is spiking because the market is overly inflated and you've got the recipe for a 1,000 point down day tomorrow.

Easily closing under 30K tomorrow.
    Well---we're off to a slow start--+300 DJI
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Yeah, nevermind.

I was watching stocks all afternoon into the evening and the stocks in my watchlist went from -4% to -8% and beyond. It was shaping up to look pretty nasty. Although maybe it was wishful thinking...I've been harping for weeks about how oversold the market is and about how badly a correction is needed.

I should quit my day job and start writing articles for Kitco and Yahoo Finance - I'm about as accurate.

18. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Or--stop making predictions and just trade...

But the day is young....

The markets are always right, despite our preconceived notions...
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Look at the selloff in cannabis.

Aphria down 8 bucks in three days. It's starting to look affordable now.
    Last edited by rockgremlin; 03-05-2021 at 08:54 AM.

Look at the selloff in cannabis.

Aphria down 8 bucks in three days. It's starting to look affordable now.
    Lots of good buys in that sector, today.

I picked up:

TLRY
    ZYNE

But--I won't have em much longer, have already liquidated some.

Still holdin GOLD from a few days back, looking for a sell signal.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Just sold off the rest of my TLRY in the EXT session.

GOLD is gone.

Lots of profits taken out of CRON and ZYNE but still holding a few, have EXT orders in to sell both but likely won't hit my price until Monday.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

24. Likes Kenny West liked this post
    I was going to buy some stocks of Tesla the other day but the whole situation on the stock market is somewhat unstable. A lot of analysts say the we are about to witness one of the greatest collapses in history. Hope they are wrong. instead I am paying more and more attention to other assets. They say it can be potentially more profitable.
    Last edited by Kenny West; 07-02-2021 at 12:00 PM. Reason: spelling (made several simple mistakes)

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum