Thread: Stocks

Ah...what a fond memory!
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

China's stock market is tumbling. The US has China by the short hairs in this trade war. The US stock market should see another run up when the war is won.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    So... I've been following the Facebook IPO that is soon to make a couple of billionaires and a couple hundred millionaires out of those currently holding its stock.... and some things just don't make a lot of sence to me about interweb companies...

Facebook shares dove 19 percent Thursday, with the social networking giant shedding about $120*billion in market value after the company warned of slowing sales growth.

https://usat.ly/2NLGcxG

^^^The long awaited for Facebook crash...hasn't the writing been on the wall for a while now? But damn...whoever is shorting their stock at the moment is gonna be very well compensated.

Speaking of stocks...anybody have any good leads on a good global natural gas company? With China looking to go green in the next 3 years, coal is going to take a massive hit.

https://www.rt.com/business/433780-c...l-prices-down/
    Last edited by rockgremlin; 07-26-2018 at 07:03 AM.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Facebook stock has never made any sense since day one...

Mark Zuckerberg loses $16B in one day as Facebook stock plunges 20 percent

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2018/07/...0-percent.html

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Facebook stock has never made any sense since day one...

Mark Zuckerberg loses $16B in one day as Facebook stock plunges 20 percent

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2018/07/...0-percent.html

This brings a smile to my face. But.....you have to know that this is just a speed bump. It will bounce back.

My prediction is....if you're willing to take the risk, now is a great time to snatch up some FB stock at a discount - or wait a few more days for it to plunge a little more. But it will undoubtedly rally. Tomorrow you might see a dead cat bounce on the way down, but it's not going to stay down long.

And when Facebook hits rock bottom it will still be overvalued if you value the stock at its rational level.

I think there are millions who are literally addicted to it. He's not going to lose them.

A lot of others may be turned off by the sneaky bullshit that the site is. I would love to watch it crash and burn...other colossal corporations have flamed out quick in the past.

I had a page with them for a month back in '09. The shallowness of it dawned on me and I bailed. I'll tell ya what really gets me about Facebook...

It was championed as a comrade of the left but turned out to be the very greedy, shameless Corporation that they despise. Useful Idiots, indeed.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

When Facebook first went public I couldn't figure out exactly what they had of actual value to sale...

....but I soon learned what they were selling was YOU. They sell all your, security along with your personal and private information to anyone with the coin to pony up.

Stocks

Twitter loses one-fifth of its market value on weak user numbers

It began Wednesday with Facebook, which announced that daily active user counts had fallen in Europe, to 279 million from 282 million earlier this year. Facebook also indicated it was no longer growing in the US and Canada, two of the most lucrative advertising markets. Just as Facebook was working through its second year of nearly nonstop scandals over unchecked political meddling and data misuse, it was becoming clear that the days of consistent and relatively easy growth were fading.

Then, on Friday, Twitter said it too was seeing user counts drop, to 335 million people who log in each month from 336 million just three months earlier, in part because of its efforts to, as it says, improve "the long-term health of the platform."

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Very nice morning for us MJ traders
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

Name:  canopy.JPG
Views: 161
Size:  52.3 KB

Geez, WTH happened to cause the sharp spike upward?

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Name:  canopy.JPG
Views: 161
Size:  52.3 KB

Geez, WTH happened to cause the sharp spike upward?
    Constellation brand put in 3.8 Billion.

I sold my Canopy positions this morning in the first 5 minutes.(+28%)

Holding a metric(canada) shit ton of Aurora still, as well as Hydropothecary
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Coulda sold your Aurora too, since it's currently up 18%

Coulda sold your Aurora too, since it's currently up 18%
    looking for it to go to 8.00+

I'll start selling some then
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Non-alcoholic, cannabis infused beer, sponsored and funded in part by Coors Brewing Co. -- what a time to be alive.

Non-alcoholic, cannabis infused beer, sponsored and funded in part by Coors Brewing Co. -- what a time to be alive.

Better yet---what A time to be an investor(and alive)....
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Tesla stock is in free fall. It's down 20% in recent weeks. Popular opinion is Elon Musk will be forced out, which many believe will be the downfall of Tesla.

This all reminds me of Steve Jobs being forced out at Apple. Dejavu...

Personally Elon Musk reminds my of John DeLorean with an unlimited bankroll.

I live near the new Facebook campus and everyone just marvels at the massive construction project. Nobody realises that the massive construction expenditure is outside the Facebook fence. Someone (prolly you and me) is paying for thousands of miles of fiber that terminate in their fenced yard. Just as an FYI all new data traffic will go through Los Lunas, New Mexico. The campus has to be a non personnel related facility because there isn't a working population there. Wal-Mart can't find enough employees to stay fully staffed and they'll hire anyone.

As far as Musk is concerned, he's more Preston Tucker than DeLorean. Look at what the NADA had all the individual state governments do. That was mostly Democrat politicians screwing over an electric car company, go figure. I want a car that the maker is proud enough to back all repairs for the useable life of the vehicle.

What? It's not covered in the warranty? That new tyranny is 5k take it or leave it.

I want a car the wife and kids can drive till the wheels fall of. No engine oil. No differential check.

Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum