Page 40 of 58 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 800 of 1144

Thread: Stocks

  1. #781
    Bogley BigShot oldno7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Posts
    14,376
    I'm poised to profit from this drop, hope some others are too.


    I'm looking for 26,545, I'll start buying back in there.

    25,634 would have me completely reinvested in the indices.

    Them dividends sure are nice, for now.
    I'm not Spartacus


    It'll come back.


    Professional Mangler of Grammar

    Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

    Who Is John Galt?

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many
     

  3. #782
    Dow plunges as Coronavirus pandemic fright grips globe.

    https://www.foxnews.com/health/globa...nd-south-korea

    Climb-Utah.com

  4. #783
    Bogley BigShot oldno7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Posts
    14,376
    It's all math, not simple math but math.

    Right Dougrz and diesel?(Rock)

    This has been a long time coming, the price this morning has erased 2 months+ of gains.

    Trump is the kicker, these markets haven't dropped as much under his administration.

    coronavirus is just the talking heads excuse for what has been inevitable.
    I'm not Spartacus


    It'll come back.


    Professional Mangler of Grammar

    Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

    Who Is John Galt?

  5. #784
    I disagree the stock market is just math. How trade with other countries will be effected is a lot more complex then just math.... but whatever...

    Markets tank on concern about virus impact on world economy

    https://www.ksl.com/article/46721297...-world-economy

    Climb-Utah.com

  6. #785
    Bogley BigShot oldno7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Posts
    14,376
    It's o.k. to disagree, as long as you are making money or have potential to make money while not losing 10% of your retirement.

    I don't read any news on the markets or particular stocks other than a glancing, occasional view.

    News(fundamentals) don't matter to me.

    Math(technicals)
    I'm not Spartacus


    It'll come back.


    Professional Mangler of Grammar

    Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

    Who Is John Galt?

  7. #786
    Bogley BigShot oldno7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Posts
    14,376
    this one can be helpfull


    100
    RSI = 100 - --------
    1 + RS

    RS = Average Gain / Average Loss
    I'm not Spartacus


    It'll come back.


    Professional Mangler of Grammar

    Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

    Who Is John Galt?

  8. #787
    Bogley BigShot oldno7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Posts
    14,376
    And If you add a indicator I wrote for the TD Ameritrade TOS system, it gets way better.


    Kurtís Volume Avg



    Plot Data+Volume;
    Data.setpaintingstrategy(paintingstrategy.histogra m);
    Data.assignvaluecolor(if volume*.62>volumeavg(length=10).volavg then color.red else color.blue


    just math
    I'm not Spartacus


    It'll come back.


    Professional Mangler of Grammar

    Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

    Who Is John Galt?

  9. #788
    Bogley BigShot oldno7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Posts
    14,376
    And throw in a bit of Leonardo Pisano's work and your odds get higher yet.

    Math
    I'm not Spartacus


    It'll come back.


    Professional Mangler of Grammar

    Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

    Who Is John Galt?

  10. #789
    You heard it here, folks: The Dow Jones dropped over 1,200 points in two days because Bernie Sanders is going to be our next president.

    https://www.ccn.com/did-bernie-sande...-death-spiral/



    Thanks for laugh.
    Last edited by rockgremlin; 02-24-2020 at 02:21 PM.
    !!!CORONAVIRUS PSA!!!

    • Toilet paper won't save you from Covid-19.

  11. #790
    Basin Cruiser BasinCruiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    On a mountain, somewhere.
    Posts
    1,950
    Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    I'm poised to profit from this drop, hope some others are too.


    I'm looking for 26,545, I'll start buying back in there.

    25,634 would have me completely reinvested in the indices.

    Them dividends sure are nice, for now.


    I'm just waiting for the tried and true indicator from @accadacca that the bottom is going to drop out. Then, I know it's time to jump back in.
    Look, fat. Here's the deal.
    Youíre a lying dog-faced pony soldier.

    Itís impossible to please everyone. But pissing everyone off is fun and easy.

    Donít make jokes about China. It will go viral.

  12. Likes oldno7, Iceaxe liked this post
  13. #791
    ^^^THIS^^^

    Climb-Utah.com

  14. #792
    I'm well positioned for a virus selloff as you all know, having been selling down on Dem sweep risk.

    But I'll strategically pick individual stocks that look enticing regardless. The small mid day rally fizzled out, selling continued into the close. Probably another down day tomorrow.

    I noticed some remote conferencing stocks did well, for obvious reason. ZM, for example.

  15. #793
    Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    And If you add a indicator I wrote for the TD Ameritrade TOS system, it gets way better.


    Kurtís Volume Avg



    Plot Data+Volume;
    Data.setpaintingstrategy(paintingstrategy.histogra m);
    Data.assignvaluecolor(if volume*.62>volumeavg(length=10).volavg then color.red else color.blue


    just math
    I used to concentrate on the Ichimoku Cloud in TOS when I was actively trading options. Have been out of TOS for a few years, what an incredible platform.

  16. Likes oldno7 liked this post
  17. #794
    Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    It's all math, not simple math but math.

    Right Dougrz and diesel?(Rock)
    Market psychology is absolutely fascinating. Math underlies. After all, no earnings, no stock price. And vice versa. But that still doesn't tell you about the future, and that's equally or more important than what the math correctly tells you present value might be.

    Add human emotion, rumor, anger, passion, and error, and you get this.

  18. #795
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel View Post
    I have been preaching gold and silver for 2 years. Sooo under valued. My mining positions are doing well and will retain more value than Tesla and Caterpillar.

    Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk
    Mining is a good way to play metals. Imo better than physical, unless you are doomsdaying. In which case I'd rather have physical food and guns and other daily life tradeables anyway.

    Better since it's a levered play, with the added boost of momentum and market anticipation.


  19. #796
    Bogley BigShot oldno7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Posts
    14,376
    After today, I'll be 75% re invested in the indices(mutuals)

    I still have the remaining 25% in a dividend fund, if we drop lower I'll put the 25% back in as well, if not I'll hold it.

    If we stay near the daily low on close today, I believe we hit my 26,564 area tomorrow and rebound up, sharply.
    I'm not Spartacus


    It'll come back.


    Professional Mangler of Grammar

    Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

    Who Is John Galt?

  20. #797
    I think it goes to 21,000. Maybe lower.

    This is full panic selling right now. No end in sight.
    !!!CORONAVIRUS PSA!!!

    • Toilet paper won't save you from Covid-19.

  21. #798
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    I think it goes to 21,000. Maybe lower.

    This is full panic selling right now. No end in sight.
    21k would be a 30% correction. Historic that would be. I would not complain for the bargains from collateral damage.

    I'm not sure it would worsen Trump's chances. It would be widely attributed to Corona, and difficult to spin into criticism of Trump economic policy.

  22. #799
    Bogley BigShot oldno7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Posts
    14,376
    As of todays close, we are 8.7% off the highs.
    I'm not Spartacus


    It'll come back.


    Professional Mangler of Grammar

    Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

    Who Is John Galt?

  23. #800
    Bogley BigShot oldno7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Posts
    14,376
    433 points from my support number of 26,564.

    I've seen in the past in this situation, a morning selloff and a rally to positive territory.

    I think tomorrow is a key test of how low we go.

    If it holds, we should go up and blow through 30,000.

    If we close below 26,564, we are headed lower to 25,636 area.
    I'm not Spartacus


    It'll come back.


    Professional Mangler of Grammar

    Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

    Who Is John Galt?

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •