Thread: Canadian caver seeks canyoneer partner(s) end of May

Canadian caver seeks canyoneer partner(s) end of May

Hello all,

I will be driving down to Utah the end of the month for some mt. biking and hiking and hopefully some canyoneering. I was planning on rolling into the Moab area late on the 25th (May) and being around until the 2nd of June. My plans flexible, so although I have been looking at the Robbers Roost and San Rafael Swell areas, I can easily drive a little further south if need be.

My experince is mainly in rock/alpine climbing and caving and I really only have some limited experience in non-technical slot canyons, but I will have a selection of static ropes and all of my own equipment and know how to use it, so I am not a newbie in that regard. I will also have my Pathfinder and mountain bike with me (which may open up options for potential trips...)

Anyway, I am up for anything from a non-technical morning stroll to a multi-day epic adventure, so if you have any interest in doing something please drop me a line in the next week and we can start making plans.

jeremiahaherne at hotmail dot com

Thanks everyone and have fun out there.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Have you been to Moab & surrounding Utah areas before & if so, what have you done?

I've been down to Moab a couple of times. Last time we hiked down into The Maze and did some non-technical canyonerring in Goblin, but like I say, I've never done any real technical canyons. Most of my time in the area has been mt. biking and hiking. My technical experience has come from caves and rock/ice/alpine climbing.

We are doing some canyoneering in Capitol Reef or Escalante areas May 26-28. You are welcome to join us. Pretty straight foreward canyons. It's probably either going to be Burro, Cottonwood and Fivemile or a Davis Gulch/Fiftymile Combo (overnighter). We may do an exploratory of a slot near Boulder Mountain as well.

The Roost gets pretty hot this time of year, at least for me.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.