Thread: Wasatch Crest and AF Canyon

Wasatch Crest and AF Canyon

I'm wondering if anyone has ridden either or has info. I'm specifically talking about riding the crest and coming out Mill D in BCC. Also looking for info on the ridge 157 trail, etc in AF canyon, spitting you out at Tibble Fork.

I'd like to ride one of these on Monday if its doable...group ride anyone?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Not sure about Ridge 157 over towards Tibble Fork, but there are closure signs at all of the trail access points along the Alpine Loop road for anything except hiking.

@tallsteve might have updates/estimates for AF canyon trails...

We (myself, PG Gary and yamabiker) just got back from a trails inventory trek up AF Canyon with the Forest Service. ALL trails are now open. The Trail Closed signs have been removed. The majority of the trails have been inventoried. We chainsawed out 3 trees across the trail on the north section of #252 and Ranger's Scott and Nicholas were going to hoof it down the Tibble Fork #041 trail and remove 5-6 from there. There are still around 20 downed trees on the upper half of the Mill Canyon #040 trail that haven't been cut out yet, so not sure that trail would be much fun yet. Keep in mind that the Alpine Loop road gates are still closed (UDOT has control over those) at Pine Hollow and just above Aspen Grove on the Provo Canyon side. If you are wanting to go ride Ridge Trail #157, you'll have to either pedal up the road, pedal up the Pine Hollow #047 trail (not much fun imho) or pedal up Tibble Fork #041. Please let me know if you run into any deadfall.
    Have fun and enjoy! We'll see you up there the latter half of June when I'm healed up from surgery. I also update the AF Canyon trail conditions for SkidMaps found here: http://skidmap.com
    Are we there yet?

All the deadfall on the Mill Canyon #040 trail is being chainsawed out today.
    The Alpine Loop Rd. is still closed at the gates. Should open someday this coming week.
    Are we there yet?

Tks for the updates Steve!

The Alpine Loop Rd. (SR 92) gates opened up yesterday. Even with this mornings rain, the trails are so dusty dry it will take a lot of rain to turn them into mud.
    Are we there yet?

Has anybody ridden the Wasatch Crest trail? I would guess it is clear and snow free. Wanted to double check....

Crest to Mill D is snow free and in good shape. They took some of the work out of puke hill. Must have been doing some work up there, up puke all the way past the radio towers up there has been really cleared of the loose rocks.

The time is now!
    So, Kid, you think you got what it takes to be a Punch King?