Thread: Mt. Raymond

Mt. Raymond

Has anyone been up on the trail to Mt. Raymond in the last few days? I'm planning a hike, likely tomorrow.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Looked at it from up the road by Solitude last night. Still a bit of snow up high. Not sure what approach you're thinking? Big or Mill Creek?

Big. I thought there might be some large cornices on the Millcreek side up at the saddle still.

I did the hike. Got within .23 of the top. I will be posting a full trip report in the next day or two, but as for the trail conditions, here you go: I went up the Butler Fork trail, which probably ended up being a good thing. There were several spots with a lot of snow on the trail, one spot where an avalanche had bent trees over the trail, and still quite a bit of snow on top obscuring the trail and helping make my decision to turn back since I was alone. I'm almost sure I could've gone the rest of the way, but why take the risk when I'm a caregiver for my wife? Anyway, as I said, I'll post a full trip report soon.

Thanks for the report. Maybe it will be hikeable for people like me in a couple of weeks! If anyone reads this how is the Lake Blanche Trail?
    RP

Quote Originally Posted by rwpontius View Post
    Thanks for the report. Maybe it will be hikeable for people like me in a couple of weeks! If anyone reads this how is the Lake Blanche Trail?
    RP
    I haven't been on the trail, but I could see that entire south side of Big Cottonwood from up on the Mount Raymond trail, and there's still a lot of snow up in there. You'll see from the pictures I post in my trail report as I took several of the Lake Blanche, Mineral Fork, Broad's Fork area.