Thread: Bugs????

Bugs????

Thinking of heading to the Roost this weekend. How are the bugs down there? Gnats? If anyone has been in the area.

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I just got back from Zion and the gnats are already bad for the time of year. My legs/arms are FILLED with bug bites and I applied 100% deet 2x a day, and even had tons of dryer sheets to rub on myself while standing around. I know you asked about the Roost, but expect the bugs to be a lot worse everywhere... I heard this is due to us not having a very cold/deep freezing winter to kill a bunch off

It was two weeks ago when I was down there, but there weren't any at all then. I camped overnight at granary springs with no tent and didn't get a single bite. Also last Friday in the swell, was clear too when I did Eardley.

We were down at Moonshine Wash last Saturday. No bugs at all. Not quite the Roost but pretty darn close.

I was in the upper Dirty Devil on the Angel Cove side May 5 through May 9. No cedar gnats anywhere. A (very) few mosquitoes were encountered.

Rex

Was at North Wash area onFriday/Saturday. Some gnat activity, but not too bad around Sandtrax campsite. No problem at all in the canyons we did.

I should clarify, the bugs were prominent at camp which was Gooseberry Mesa.

In Birch Hollow the biting flies werent bad, but very noticeable (at least to me, the rest of my party barely noticed them)

Boltergeist/Yankee Doodle was pretty clear of bugs, and Pine Creek wasn't too bad either surprisingly.

We were in Fallen Angel on May 5th. The were a few gnats and few biting flys but have seen much worse this time of year.