Thread: Subway & Orderville Friday and Saturday 5/18 & 5/19

Subway & Orderville Friday and Saturday 5/18 & 5/19

A couple of friends and I are headed down to Zion on Thursday. We have permits for the Subway on Friday and Orderville on Saturday. We had a couple of other people going, but they had to bail so we are down to one car. Unless things come through for them we were looking at using a shuttle service for Orderville, but was hoping there might be somebody on here that had room for three to drop us off at the Wildcat Trailhead for the Subway. We were planning on camping Thursday night just off of where Smith Mesa Rd splits from Kolob Reservoir rd. If so, let me know, we could make some arrangements for $$$ or shuttle trade.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

It's pretty easy to hitchhike up to the Wildcat Trailhead, I've done it a couple of times. If you have a pretty lady in your group, put her up front when you have your thumbs out. It will shorten you wait time significantly.

The locals seem pretty cool about hitchhikers there. I've offered to buy them lunch (i.e. give them $20 bucks) and have been refused both times.
    THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

Well we took our chances and got to the Left Fork Trailhead head at 6am. There were two SUVs' parked there with a couple sleeping in each one. The one couple woke up and I explained to them the situation. The husband seemed very hesitant at first, but a little while later I started talking to his wife. 15 minutes later we were riding with them up to the Wildcat Trailhead. The other couple was with them, all from California the one wife (Teri) had just finished five years at Sea World swimming with the sharks. It was a great day down the Subway. We only ran into a couple of groups. We took our time and got back to our car by 4:30pm.

Quote Originally Posted by bigred72 View Post
    The one couple woke up and I explained to them the situation. The husband seemed very hesitant at first, but a little while later I started talking to his wife. 15 minutes later we were riding with them up to the Wildcat Trailhead.
    So you're saying... start flirting with the wife and you're in???

Wish't I could have made it. Sounds like you guys had an awesome time.

Gotta work it girl.