Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: James Stewart Joims Yoshimura Suzuki

James Stewart Joims Yoshimura Suzuki

When Stewart signed his three-year deal with JGRMX in October 2011, he told ESPN.com in an interview that he tested all five brands and said, "To be honest, I gel with the Suzuki guys really well." Now, just over six months after nearly originally signing with yellow, Stewart has joined his fourth different team in five years.

Late last night on his website, James issued a personal note to "publicly thank everyone affiliated with Joe Gibbs Racing and with Yamaha for everything we've done together this year." Stewart went on to say that "it has been a rough year and it's obvious that this is not the outcome any of us saw coming. But in the end, we believe this is what's best for all of us. There have been a lot of rumors and talk about our relationship, but there's really not a lot of truth in them. Let me also take this chance to be clear. My focus is on racing and fighting for wins. It always has been."

In a press release issued by Yoshimura Suzuki, Stewart said, "I'm really looking forward to joining the team. It's been a pleasure to get to test with these guys and meet the team. I'm very excited -- I love the bike. Ever since I rode it from day one, I knew it was a great opportunity for me to come out and showcase my talent."

JS7.com/Red BullStewart tested the Suzuki RM-Z 450 last fall and liked the bike. "I gel with the Suzuki guys really well," he said.
    Stewart finished the 2012 Monster Energy AMA Supercross season ranked seventh overall with two victories. He missed five of the final six races due to a concussion and broken hand suffered in late March in Indianapolis. The Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championship begins in 12 days in Sacramento, Calif. Stewart won the title with a perfect season in 2008 and he has not competed in the series since.

"James is a great addition to our team," said Don Sakakura, president of Yoshimura Racing. "He is an amazing rider and gifted athlete and we feel very fortunate to have him join Yoshimura Suzuki. We will do everything possible to help ensure his and the team's success. Our company has been built on racing and winning championships and we intend to keep that tradition alive with James and his incredible skill on a motorcycle."

Team manager Mike Webb, as well as long-time Team Suzuki mechanic, Lee McCollum, will be with Stewart as well.

"We all look forward to working with James and a rider of his caliber," said team manager Mike Webb. "We feel very confident we can provide him with the equipment that he needs to ride to his capability. We're working hard right now, though we don't have a lot of time, but we're very focused on getting ready for Hangtown and we're definitely looking forward to the opener."

http://espn.go.com/action/fmx/story/...-year-contract

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Who? Pftt......has been. No focus.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc View Post
    Who? Pftt......has been. No focus.
    I have to agree to some degree.

The real questions..

• Did he get fired by Gibbs?
    • Will he be more comfortable on the Suzuki?
    • Will he have a good shot at winning the outdoor with Villapoto out? Not if Dungey has anything to say...

I'm sure he can crash a Suzuki as well as he did the Yamaha...

Was he really that crash happy? Or did the Villapoto kicking his ass screw with his head?

I'm disappointed with his season, but I'm going out on a limb by saying he wasn't comfortable on the Yamaha. I had a sneakin suspicion that this would happen.
    I'm going to predict that he does much better on the Suzuki. Not sure why, just a hunch.
    Either way, he's got nowhere to hide if he keeps dropping Yellow to the ground!! I mean, just think if he was on your FE390. No contest!!
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

Is that first picture the bubba scrub ?

Man for some damn reason I am a bubba fan? Maybe because I came to the game after all his success and during all of his crashes but I hope the season is good and everyone jut stays healthy

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

A racing technique used in motocross to conserve forward momentum over jumps.

Named after James "Bubba" Stewart, arguably the creator/expert of the technique.

The pilot of the bike will transfer the bike sideways while riding off the face of a jump, so that the bike will have a lower trajectory, which in turn decreases the amount of time spent in the air.

James Stewart just bubba scrubbed that triple!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...=bubba%20scrub

That nac nac he does at the end of the Suzuki video is sick...

Man does he look fast!

He may very well be the fastest man on the planet and all that BS.
    But karma is a mean sob and he's a dirty rider with skills.
    But if he can keep it upright as much as he wines he'll do well.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

I'm a big JS fan. I think he is the most talented rider, but is obviously accident prone. I relate to him very well!! Only on the 2nd item of course. He is also the most popular rider as well. I hope he kicks the shit out of Villapoto!! If you're gonna dream, dream big.
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

Smooth is fast and fast is smooth.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.

Stewart's bike at hangtown...

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336625003.011035.jpg
Views: 2645
Size:  135.8 KB

I have a funny fealling that this 25 year old is about to rock our world bro.
    Matter of fact I'll give any odds on the outdoors comp..........................................

AND I don't even respect this guy.

Do they televise the outdoor series? I've seen a few races before on TV, but what channel?

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Do they televise the outdoor series? I've seen a few races before on TV, but what channel?
    Yes, just like supercross, it's televised on speed every weekend. The outdoor series is better than supercross. The tracks get super gnarly and there are always bigger wrecks.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc View Post
    Yes, just like supercross, it's televised on speed every weekend. The outdoor series is better than supercross. The tracks get super gnarly and there are always bigger wrecks.
    Damn. I need to get SPEED again...

Speed is great! I hope Stewart just stays healthy and I can't wait for the outdoor series and the monster million.

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.