Thread: Uintas Highline trial solo crossing

Uintas Highline trial solo crossing

High Line Trail Blog

The plan

[B][FONT="Calibri"][SIZE=3]I choose to begin mytrip from the north east side of the range at Spirit Lake, instead of the moretraditional starting point at Chepeta lake on the south side of the range. Thedistance of the hike is the same but it

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

[QUOTE=Ron Jackson;496320]

[B][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]I would recommend thistrip to anyone who is really looking for an out of the way wildernessexperience where you have to be in shape and be able depend only on yourselfand your preparation. It is defiantly a hike that will push and challenge youphysically and mentally but the experience is worth it. The country isbeautiful, the views above the tree line are amazing and the solitude is goodfor the soul. The reality of the danger came home with the disappearance ofErick Robinson and I pray for comfort for his family as it is clear this washis last hike. I count my blessings that it wasn
    THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

Blog Entries
    Nm
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Great accomplishment. I'd like to do this someday.

I enjoyed your trip report. I think going in at Spirit Lake is the best route. I have to do the whole thing in one trip someday, as I have just pieced it in bits. Last year I went into McCoy Park from Spirit Lake and camped at Island. It is a shame you couldn't find the trail into the Burnt Fork drainage as it is a good trail. I have done some cross country in the area as well because I couldn't find the trail, but last year I hunted real hard for the trail and found it. The problem is there is an old map set that has the trail coming off from Fish lake, when now it is much further to the North. I don't know what map you used, but the only map I have seen that has this correct is the official Forest Service Map of the Uintas - that National Geographic trails illustrated map has several errors and I won't use that for nothing.
    Biking, Hiking, and Fishing are life. Everything else is just fluff.