Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ATV off road big game retrieval permits for public lands

Quote Originally Posted by Painted Horse View Post
    This is an old pet peeve of mine. (snipped)
    Dude that was great post. Really enjoyed the opinion and pictures! Thumbs up!
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I appreciate all the posts. The fact is it has been since the early 90s, that I have even had an ATV out of the vehicle to retrieve game. Most animals I have downed have been relatively close enough to get them back to the truck by other means and the hassle of unloading the ATV would be greater than any other means of retrieving the game. A retrieval permit has been an idea that I've heard talked about and mowed over for some time. Fortunately for my Elk hunt coming up, I have already had some horse owners volunteer their services.

This issue is hard one for many sides to really comprehend. On one side you have people who automatically see red when it comes to ATVs with no tolerance what so ever, another side despises them used in all hunting practices, another side abuses the hell out ATVs attempting to hunt off of the loud machines and that's why they usually never harvest anything, and then there are those like myself that have them in the truck as a last resort and usually never utilize them. I admit if one does not have the proper information on this subject it is really hard to grasp, unless one really researches the many variables involved in this concept, it can look like a bad idea. Since I do not have the time to research and really present the case that why and how this concept would majorly have a net benefit to the environment and wildlife, I have decided at this time to drop my argument. Thanks, for all of the input!
    "You Sombitch's couldn't close an umbrella"
    Sheriff Beuford T Justice