Thread: Is Any One Thinking About Racing

Is Any One Thinking About Racing

Is anyone planning on participating in one or all of the races that are starting in May?

http://www.midweekmtb.com/

They seem fairly cheap and would probably be fun. Too bad it doesn't look like any of the races are shuttles to the top though.
    So, Kid, you think you got what it takes to be a Punch King?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The Mount Ogden races will start up again up at Snowbasin. I've done it once and I'm not much of a racer. I admit it was still fun. Mark goes up to almost every race. He invites me because he doesn't want to come in last.

I did the Biathlon at Soldier Hollow last summer: http://weeklyraceseries.com/schedule. These weekly races alternate between Sundance and Soldier Hollow. I loved the biathlon race! Combining mtn. biking and shooting. What could be better? Pretty laid back race. I'm hoping I'm healed up enough from this weeks surgery to race the one in July.
    Are we there yet?

Might be kinda fun. I noticed that they are on Tuesdays. Have to watch out for them during the week. We need to start riding. Damn I need to ride soon.

Sounds like you all do way more racing than I. I think it would be fun to do a race. I imagine I would come in dead last but that is okay. They are on Tuesdays, not really midweek as the name states but they aren't expensive. Maybe once in a while it would be a fun ride to do. First one is in Corner Canyon on May 15.

I am good to go riding anytime. If people don't want to do Tuesdays anymore that is fine with me. Just tell me the night to ride and I will be there. I have been feeling lazy lately.

I have been pretty dedicated to going to the gym though so I am not yet super fat.
    So, Kid, you think you got what it takes to be a Punch King?

I used to race the Corner Canyon series they had about 10 years ago. It was a lot of fun. The first race I entered was just to see if I could do it. By the end of the year I was actually finishing in the money and end up winning the Men's over 40 championship and $300. I'll enter one of the Corner Canyon races once my leg heals (about 4 weeks I hope).

So.... I'm now over 50 and wounded, if you can't beat me you are a real pussy.

I'm pretty sure I need to enter at least one more race this year just so I can impress the ladezz and tell them I race mountain bikes.

Name:  Mountain Bike 01..jpg
Views: 150
Size:  97.6 KB

I only rode a few times last year so for New Years I resolved to ride more this year to include a get back to racing. I made it to the midweek at Soldier Hollow last night for the first time (something I've wanted to try for years) A nice laid back race. It was my first ride of the season , and my first race since about 1998. It was worth the price of admission.

I've often thought about entering one, but never got up the gumption. I'm more of a long distance endurance rider. Are there those types of races around the Ogden area? Or are they all mainly short distance, high speed races?