Thread: NorthWash

NorthWash

I had a fun 3 days in the North Wash with Blueshade. We did all 3 Leprechauns on Monday, Merry Piglet and Hogwarts on Tuesday and Hog 1 and 2 on Wednesday.
    All the canyons had some really nice down climbs and most of them were dry. We did run into one pothole in Merry Piglet that had thigh deep water but with some climbing skills it could be avoided. We did replace some of the webbing in a few of the canyons but for the most part on the majority of the raps the webbing was ok.
    Middle Lep was tight in spots but turned into a fun canyon. The raps in west Lep were done with hand lines and the pile of debris in the middle of the canyon was easily climbed over. Of course the east fork was just as beautiful as always.
    [FONT=Calibri]I got to see how a sand trap works in Merry piglet and now I think I may have to get me one. The silo was a fun twist in Hogwarts and the canyon was awesome.
    [SIZE=3]I forgot batteries for the camera so I didn

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

NorthWash 24th-26th

New Mexico, I think my wife and I met you at the Sandthrax campsite on Tuesday afternoon, you may have given me your beta on Middle Lep. Middle was challenging for us but fun I'm 6'2" 195 lbs and I earned every inch of that canyon. By the way...The two of you definitely lucked out by leaving after the Hogs. The next day we sneaked in Hog 1, exited, were standing ready at the top of Hog 4 but it started to rain pretty bad. The Henry Mountains were completely blacked out, needless to say we bailed, went back to camp and drove home.

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Did y'alls drive up to the Hogs? Still deeply rutted, challenging driving?

Tom

We drove up last week in my pick up truck. Had some ruts but nothing terrible.

WorkBad that was me. I'm glad you made it through middle Lep with no major problems. When we did Hog 1 and 2 the sky was overcast so it made the hike back out really nice.

Tom, the road into the Hogs wasn't that bad. It's not as rutted as everyone made it sound.