Thread: ***WARNING*** Booby Traps in Utah

***WARNING*** Booby Traps in Utah

2 arrested after booby traps found on Provo Canyon trail
    By Jessica Miller - The Salt Lake Tribune
    Apr 21 2012

Two men were arrested Saturday after they allegedly set booby traps along a popular hiking area in Provo Canyon, authorities said.

A 19-year-old from Orem and 21-year-old from Provo were booked into the Utah County Jail on suspicion of misdemeanor reckless endangerment.

Utah County Sheriff’s Sgt. Spencer Cannon said a Forest Service officer was patrolling the Big Springs Trailhead area when he noticed a trip wire near a popular fort-like shelter on the trail. The officer, who has military-training and extensive experience identifying booby traps, found the trip wire led to a device made with a large rock and sharpened sticks, held together by rope.

"It was hung where it would most likely swing to and hit the head or face of a hiker or camper," Cannon said in a news release.

In a second entrance to the shelter, the officer found another wire that appeared to be set so it would trip a person and possibly cause them to fall forward onto sharpened sticks that had been placed on the ground.

After the discovery, the officer contacted the sheriff’s office and began posting about the traps on social media websites to those familiar with the area. After speaking with witnesses, authorities arrested the two men.

Cannon said the men admitted they were involved in making the booby traps and placed them last Sunday.

Name:  Story..jpg
Views: 402
Size:  23.1 KB

Name:  02..jpg
Views: 399
Size:  64.4 KB

Name:  11..jpg
Views: 448
Size:  71.4 KB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I did some pretty stupid stuff when I was young, but this is off the hook. No regard at all for who may be victimized by this. This may seem harsh, but I think a bullet in the ear of these punks would be appropriate.

How can THAT only be a misdemeanor?
    [COLOR=#800080][FONT=franklin gothic medium]"Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L