Thread: North Salt Lake - BST Window

Blog Entries

North Salt Lake - BST Window

This window is quite insignificant and it's really not worth mentioning, however, since this is Northern (Urban) Utah, windows and arches are a little less common compared to its counterpart in Southern Utah.

Anyways, I was exploring a slot canyon in NSL (turned out to be a flop - only a true slot (cobblestone) for about 200feet, and contained 2 rappels up to 40ft in length, that can be bypassed with relative ease) I came across this window. It's about 2-3 feet wide or so, and its not mentioned on any topos, and if you ride your bike to this point (or viewpoint) you will completely miss it, since it's parallel with the viewpoint. However, I was exploring that area and saw it from a angle and investigated it. I'm sure someone with a good camera and lens could put the window and city in a cool perspective.

The access to this window from that viewpoint is within 2minutes. Anyone can access it and I'm sure kids would love it.

Here's the location: N40
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nice photo, here is the second one in the area. Funny, I found the second one when I was scoping out the same urban canyon. If you are interested in an afternoon hike I'll show you the second one. This area is my go to place for running but ready to hike any day. We probably have already run into each other and not known it.
    Name:  IMG_5316 (Medium)..jpg
Views: 189
Size:  48.9 KB
    It's your fault, you shouldn't have been there!