Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which motorcycle dirt bike tires to buy

Like my drill srg used to say " may the lightnig strike and life will bite you on the ass" Ride every chance you get cause one day You may be just as old as me.

OK it was more like the Lightning is going to strike and the thunder is going to bite you on the ass.

The thing is you already have a ride that you put time and funds into?
    Let's take it to the limit while you still can.
    I'm getting old and have been arthritic for over ten years But I will ride with you every chance I get.

If you can't break away from work once in every other weekend, Just how the hell do you hold down a family?

Sorry I know it is none ya to me but I have been there and live does go on. THe kids they grow and graduate in a flash.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

It's been a while but I folded and bought the IRC M5B FOR THE rear. This tire hooks better than any tire I have tried and I have gone through the gaunlet with the BRP tire eating machine.
    Did not try the IRC till I got my Katoom.

The first 50% of tire life rocks like no other. In fact I was so impressed at the time I bought another.130-80 18 but after this tire is half way gone It just shreddes to death. Now remember I have already bought a second one cause I just love how they hook up. Best sand tire short of a paddle I have ever owned. BUT if you own a big bore bike and live in the desert? You may want to rethink this tire. I can buy three Kenda 720 for the price of one IRC and the first Kenda will still be ticking.

THe Traction will not be the same but the Kenda 720 is also a great DOT tire as well.

I had Perilli's once that hooked up very well but I only got two rides out of them on the XR.
    I've had 6 good hard core sand rides with the IRC with plenty of rocks thrown in but unless your rich and racing there are better choices the way I see it.

But then again maybe I just got a bad one. I let you know how the next one works out trust me.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.

I think that when? i chew up my next IRC that I have already bought.I'm going back to the trusty Nunlop 606 now that I will be gettting some more tar mac into the picture.

Remember, the IRC wants to be flipped at around 50% worn. I got 25 hrs out of one. I'm keeping track of the hrs of the one I'm running now. It's what matters most to you.
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

I got to about 40% and realized I had so many stress cracks that if I try to turn it around at that point it would just be a waste of time for me.
    These are a one direction tire also.
    But I'm hoping I just got an old one, seems I have already picked up another for April that needs mounted say monday.:D

Mine always get stress cracks before and after I flip them. It doesn't affect anything. Neither does the directional thing. I get all hookup until they are next to bald.
    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Sounds like I need to take a pict before I shit can
    I'll be right back to on this one bro.

I'm telling you if the knobbies are still on and it just has big cracks at the base of them, that's normal. I thought the same thing with the first one I bought. I thought there was no way it would last. Flipped it and it wore great. They are a weird kind of tire, that's for sure.

K so this is what I have ran into but remember this tire worked so well at first for me I have already bought another but here is what I am up against right now.

Name:  IMG_2174.JPG
Views: 260
Size:  71.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_2168.JPG
Views: 262
Size:  77.5 KBName:  IMG_2166.JPG
Size:  67.8 KBName:  IMG_2169.JPG
Views: 302
Size:  57.7 KBName:  IMG_2170.JPG
Views: 256
Size:  91.1 KBName:  IMG_2171.JPG
Views: 243
Size:  78.7 KBName:  IMG_2172.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  110.3 KBName:  IMG_2173.JPG
Views: 258
Size:  82.1 KBName:  IMG_2174.JPG
Size:  71.8 KB

Think maybe I got a bad batch?

Or is this a sure sign I have no throttle control

In a perfect world we would all be roosting in top soil.

They have always hooked up well but if my stabilizer shows up Mon. I will be putting my new IRC tire on at that time and hoping for the best as i get closer to the first week of april

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnseeker1 View Post
    Think maybe I got a bad batch?
    It looks like you've run it down further than I do before flipping it. The stress cracks are normal but you've got some serious chunking. Quit whiskey throttling on the rocks!

Ya that aint going to happen
    The throttle is my best friend but costly so the new IRC is already mounted

It's only tires and I am not about to get off the gas. I'll just replace with time and trials till I get er figured out
    But I do need to be a bit careful for the next couple of weeks Then it's on again baby.Moab here I come.