Thread: above Sylmar (LA area)

above Sylmar (LA area)

so.. went into this canyon yesterday not expecting much (dont even know the name of the canyon) .. my dad told me that when he was younger he went up into this canyon and there was a couple of falls that were no more than 60 feet.. there were 8 falls ranging from 10ft to 150 ft.. someone had bolted the 150ft falls about 30 years ago and i pulled them out with a slight tug..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

the camera on my phone is terrible but it is all we had..

Hmmmm. Says this video is blocked "in my country" on copyright grounds. I knew it.... Southern California IS a foreign country.
    Life is Good

hrmmmm... i will give it a look and see what i can do.

I feel so bad for these boys. Not enough gas money to get to Southern Utah so they are forced to make do with what they have. I mean look at that pool of water at the bottom of the last rap for crying out loud. Well, at least it's in a canyon. Good effort guys.

Quote Originally Posted by spinesnaper View Post
    I feel so bad for these boys.

*Wipes tears from eyes* Ken, you are mean.

I can't even find the name of this one. Should they name it? Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Slot Machine; 04-19-2012 at 09:18 AM. Reason: NOT a first descent
    THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

all the good canyons are closed due to fire damage... june 30 is when they open.. i am headed to utah this summer...

Quote Originally Posted by Slot Machine View Post

*Wipes tears from eyes* Ken, you are mean.

I can't even find the name of this one. Should they name it? Any suggestions?
    I suggest: Above Sylmar Canyon I do respect that you guys are getting your skills together.

Quote Originally Posted by socal View Post
    all the good canyons are closed due to fire damage... june 30 is when they open.. i am headed to utah this summer...
    Well that is a good reason. Desperation Canyon is a better name. (joking around)

I also respect your commitment to get out and practice your skills. Post another trip report when you return from Utah.

Bob
    THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

Ahaha! All the hatin on the Cali boys. But, really I do like the 'Desperate Canyon' suggestion.