Thread: Red Mountain near Ivins Utah

Red Mountain near Ivins Utah

Got my edits done for the Independent Magazine Article, got the final edits for Tanyas and my book done early this afternoon and decided it was time to suck up some fresh air. I parked my Pathfinder at the end of 200 E. and started walking up an unknown route to Red Mountain at 3:30PM. It was very similar to many routes I've done in the past with the steep, loose terrain, but it was new to me. I eventually tied into the top section of the Gunsight Route and was glad that I'd completed the 1500 or so feet of elevation. I could now put it into cruise control for the short traverse to the south end of the mountain and begin the descent back down. When I got to the south end I stumbled into Sam, who had come up from Kayenta and was having a bit of trouble finding his way back down. I was glad to offer my assistance to him to find the "I" route back into Ivins and give him a ride back to his Jeep parked in Kayenta. Perfect weather and wonderful views. The first picture is looking east toward Zion and The West Temple is visable. The second I think is looking at The Hurricane Cliffs to the ESE? and the third is looking toward Canaan Mountain also ESE? Cheers! EDIT: On a side note...I forgot to mention that my first day on sandstone (I used them in Cherry Canyon-Limestone a month ago) using the new La Sportiva Xplorer Approach/Hiking shoes...THEY ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Super Comfortable, Super Precise, Super Sticky (Stickier than any of my 5.10's!) and they still look brand new! High Praise to La Sportive for coming up with what I feel is twice the shoe that the Exum Ridge, Exum River or Exum Pro used to be.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

2. Likes blueeyes liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

It sounds like a nice way to end a productive afternoon. Is that rain I see off in the distance?
    Some people "go" through life and other people "grow" through life. -Robert Holden

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    It sounds like a nice way to end a productive afternoon. Is that rain I see off in the distance?
    I think it's rain toward Zion and it was snowing on Pine Valley Mountain for sure. I think it's almost done though?

We have been dry all day, so you should be good for a little while.

When will the book be published?
    Some people "go" through life and other people "grow" through life. -Robert Holden

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    We have been dry all day, so you should be good for a little while.

When will the book be published?
    It was mostly a great day here too! I think the mountains still got some snow though. There was 10" of fresh snow on the east side of Zion yesterday though!

I just sent the last text query corrections to Steve Bartlett today and Tanya sent the last photos last week. I think Steve will make the corrections, add the photos and then send the complete book to Fred and Heidi next week. Fred and Heidi will do a look-over, then send the book to Tanya and I to do one last look-over. If all looks good they will get it printed probably early next month. Yee-Haw! BTW.....The book looks FANTASTIC! Steve has done a super amazing job with the layout!!!!

8. Likes blueeyes liked this post
    new La Sportiva Xplorer Approach
    The blue, black or gray ones? Locks superb.
    Desgined for wet areas too?

Thanks
    Michael

Bogley BigShot
    It stormed like crazy on Saturday on the East side of Zion. My son had a wrestling tournament in Cedar we could not make it to, due to snow. Good job Bo! It was a productive day. It feels good to have all that done. Now a few get togethers with some good wine and we are done!

I did send you one more small project this morning on the book. Now it's my turn to dig into that magazine article. These are cool because they get us to get material together for the next book. maybe

I have 3 more unrelated books in the works! Whew!

Great news - looking forward to the new reading material.

Quote Originally Posted by zzyzx View Post
    The blue, black or gray ones? Locks superb.
    Desgined for wet areas too?

Thanks
    Michael
    The Gray ones like these: http://www.sportiva.com/products/foo...proach/xplorer

and I believe that they will handle water equally well, but haven't taken mine in water yet?

THX for info, Bo. :-)