Thread: New here

New here

Hi, I'm 53 and live in the Midwest. Used to get out to Utah a fair amount in the 90s... but now have not been since 2000. I just joined because I'm an outdoors person and it will be great to get ideas on places to go and reading allk your adventures, as well as letting me recall other trips I've made. In fact, I figured I should probably join when I looked at a "where's that?" photo and immediately knew it was on the road to Lee's Ferry.

Hobbies include hiking, backpacking, camping, collecting rocks, maybe a little EASY fun on rocks (bouldering is even likely too big a word for it), geocaching, seeing slot canyons, taking pictures, etc. Also writing (I write outdoors columns and work at a weekly paper), archaeology and paleontology ( an interest started through programs through the volunteer Passport in Time - PIT - project), easy mt. biking, pioneer era history (yeah, Grafton!)

I think my fav. spot is Capitol Reef because it has so many aspects of all the other Utah national parks... plus Fruita is cool.... the whole park is pretty much off the beaten tourist path. I also have yet to get into the northern part of the park. On my last trip in Oct. of 2000, in my Jeep Cherokee that was driven for that express purpose, there was light rain for around three days - which was enough to rule out the stream crossing to get there! The Fremont River was RAGING!! Bummer, but it was still a great vacation!

I look forward to hanging out here and getting to know both people and also more about Utah sites. Thanks!

Lisa

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

welcome Lisa !!!

Hi Lisa
    Exercise is the elixir of life!

Welcome to the group.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum