Thread: Angle Cove Exit Beta

Angle Cove Exit Beta

Next weekend I am thinking about heading to Angel Canyons. I have never been there before. I have got good beta on the canyons, but want some additional beta on the Angel Cove Exit. I am looking at Climb Utah beta and it makes the exit sound exposed. One of the people going really hates steep exposed slick rock sections. She has done Larry's Canyon and it was tough for her but she did it. Can somebody let me know how it compares to Larry's or post some pics of the exit. Also would it be possible to belay her through the worst of it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Angel Cove exit is a walk out if you are patient in selecting your way, yes its steep in some places yet you should not have to go to your hands or fear sliding down. For the last push, make an adjustment to that picture on Climb Utah's route map, instead of going to the right of the 'red stain' go to the left of it to avoid the exposure and steep grunt (there now is a social trail there). Going to the left at the 'red stain' presents one tiny bit of exposure where you could toss a piece of webbing to your friend if she wants it.

That is kinda what I thought, but I just wanted to be sure. Thanks for the extra beta.

Here are a few pics of the exit. The climb through the carmel layer to the top will be the steepest. A handline can be used there if needed.

Name:  Angel Cove exit..jpg
Views: 207
Size:  166.4 KBName:  goinup..jpg
Views: 189
Size:  77.2 KBName:  goinupII..jpg
Views: 191
Size:  77.3 KB

It is definitely less steep than the exit out of Larry.

Nat

Quote Originally Posted by nat View Post
    It is definitely less steep than the exit out of Larry.

Nat
    Definitely. I am also a little nervous with steep and exposed exits. For Larry, I think I may have had a handline at the very top, but coming out of Angel Slot and Angel Cove we didnt encounter anything that was even close to needing a handline. At least not that I can remember, it has been awhile...
    "Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about mission statements"

Peter Gibbons - Office Space

We exited on the right using the beta from Climb-Utah and it wasn't that bad. I'ts alot easier and not as steep as the Larry exit.

FYI: If you hang a hard right on the exit you can hike over and descend the South Fork and get a great two-for-one deal with only a little extra effort.

Name:  shortcut..jpg
Views: 110
Size:  72.9 KB