Thread: Ophir Hill Mine - This Way Out Pool Underwater Shots

Ophir Hill Mine - This Way Out Pool Underwater Shots

Some footage we shot recently in the Ophir Hill Mine of the "This Way Out" Pond. One of the most interesting spots in the mine. Rumor has it before this passage was flooded it was the original passage used to get out of the mine. Need to go back in and shoot more footage. It would interesting to see what is beyond the passage.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Neat video! Good commentary. So no one has brought some scuba gear down there and checked it out? Would be really cool if there were some hundred year old artifacts in there to film.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Blog Entries
    Pretty cool video! Thanks for sharing it!

Have you ever seen the Mohave Underground films on this mine. What a fun video. Riding in railkarts, seeing signatures from the 30s, seeing flooded hallways, etc...
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Where is this that you can gain entrance (just general idea, not exact coords)? I've explored virtually every inch of Ophir Canyon (and the surrounding mountain above) - and all the mines I've encountered were either buried with rubble or gated off or Private Property and still in operation.
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    Pretty cool video! Thanks for sharing it!

Have you ever seen the Mohave Underground films on this mine. What a fun video. Riding in railkarts, seeing signatures from the 30s, seeing flooded hallways, etc...
    That is funny.. most of the Mohave Underground films on this mine were either filmed or at least edited by stretch :)

Hey Robert.. I really think that a ROV would be a good idea to build next... I have always wanted to build a ROV....
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

Quote Originally Posted by BruteForce View Post
    Where is this that you can gain entrance (just general idea, not exact coords)? I've explored virtually every inch of Ophir Canyon (and the surrounding mountain above) - and all the mines I've encountered were either buried with rubble or gated off or Private Property and still in operation.
    Ophir hill is gated off but the Mojave underground guys have access as they do work for the owners and such.. There are a couple up there that are not gated off though :)
    Tacoma Said - If Scott he asks you to go on a hike, ask careful questions like "Is it going to be on a trail?" "What are the chances it will kill me?" etc. Maybe "Will there be sack-biting ants along the way?"

8. Likes jbick liked this post