Thread: southern cali fall creek falls

southern cali fall creek falls

it was going to be a 80 degrees out and decieded to take a nice 4 hr trip in the local san gabriel mountains... lovely day..

i will post the vid that i made as soon as i am allowed to..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Thanks socal. Takes a couple of posts on your part, so make up some excuses for posting.

Tom

FYI---Fall Creek and all the Big TJ canyons are still officially closed from the Station Fire.

The current USFS closure order expires on June 30, 2012

ahh ooops.. i was misinformed on date.. thanks for that bit of information.. feeling a bit illegal right now..

How illegal?

2 more posts dude
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

just waiting for june than... there are a lot of awesome looking canyons in that area..

Fox Creek (aka--"Great Falls of the Fox") is the best canyon in that zone, and one of the best in so-cal, IMO.

ya that is what i have been told.... as soon as that zone reopens i plan on going into fox canyon..

so... my brother and i thought that there are to many canyoneering adventures with epic music.. so we changed it... sorry about that last part.. inside joke..

Fox: Be prepared for some marginal and creative anchoring issues. I was in there a year ago (w/ a USFS special use permit) and the bolts were in bad shape; several drops had next to nothing for anchoring, you may need to build a few deadman anchors. As soon as it reopens I'm gonna haul the Bosch in there and do some work, let me know if you have any interest in going.

Did you run Classic canyon on the hike in to Fall Creek?

Nice video! I liked the choice in music hehe. Was that a rockslide at 2:03 I saw?
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

no we kinda got there late in the day so we did not drop classic and besides i had just worked overnight and was on the more tired side..

san gabriels often? i dropped down a side canyon in big rock creek yesterday.. i dont know its name (if it even has one) 150ft and 60 ft falls..

Thanks for the video. Good to know that the restrictions on some of the local canyons will be lifted soon.