Thread: St. George / Santa Clara Apr 6th or 7th

St. George / Santa Clara Apr 6th or 7th

Anyone going to be riding in St. George area on Friday night or Saturday?

I will be down there for a wedding on Friday and would like to get some of the trails in either on Friday night or on Saturday. I'm open to just about any trail. So, let me know what you think.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    On Sat @ststephen and his family will be in town and we plan on riding Anasazi and Bear Claw Poppy. You are most welcome to join all of us. Not sure what time we are riding yet. We will discuss that over dinner Friday night. Not sure where we are eating yet. Anyone else is welcome.
    Chere'

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes View Post
    On Sat @ststephen and his family will be in town and we plan on riding Anasazi and Bear Claw Poppy. You are most welcome to join all of us. Not sure what time we are riding yet. We will discuss that over dinner Friday night. Not sure where we are eating yet. Anyone else is welcome.
    Fyi - The 7th is the cactus hugger race. While it doesn't use the bear claw poopy trail it is right next to it so the area will be very crowded. The race start and stop/staging is at the bottom of the dirt road going up to poppy.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Yes I know but we probably won't hit it until later in the day. I was thinking by then most people will be gone. But if not we will ride somewhere else. It just depends on what the Paul and his wife want to do. And I planned to ride it from bottom doing the lunch loop.
    Chere'

Dinner is at Benja's Thai Garden 435 N 1680 E St, St George, UT 84790 at 7:30. We will decide for sure what we are riding at dinner. I will post that later anyone is welcome.

@dbaxter Paul's wife is riding you and @Pelon1 should join us if you guys aren't working. Thinking of riding Anasazi and depending if they want more Bear Claw later in the day so Aaron can experience the fun roller coaster of that trail.
    Chere'

I don't think I will be able to make dinner for wedding plans, but let me know what time / trails you will be ridding and I can make it on Sat. I may be doing a night ride Friday night, just to test out my new lights that I never got to ride with last fall. I will check in the morning to see what time or PM me with it earlier.

We plan on being at the Anasazi Trail head by 10:30AM.
    Chere'

I checked the time too late in the morning, and with too many Easter festivities, I ended up not riding at all, on a side note, the lights work great Had a good ride on the Barrell roll on Friday night, that is one of favorite quick trails down there.

What light system did you get?
    Chere'

What nice rides those were! I'll post some pics later. A short but sweet visit.
    It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life. - Ten Bears, "The Outlaw Josie Wales"

12. Likes blueeyes liked this post
    Here's some random shots from our two rides.
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life. - Ten Bears, "The Outlaw Josie Wales"

Dinner is at Benja's Thai Garden 435 N 1680 E St, St George, UT 84790 at 7:30. We will decide for sure what we are riding at dinner. I will post that later anyone is welcome.

@dbaxter Paul's wife is riding you and @Pelon1 should join us if you guys aren't working. Thinking of riding Anasazi and depending if they want more Bear Claw later in the day so Aaron can experience the fun roller coaster of that trail.
    Hey Chere and Paul! Just now saw this post. Wish we would have seen it earlier, because we would have loved to see you all and maybe ride. Darn it! Thanks for thinking of us and we definitely need to get together soon.
    If you don't have anything nice to say....come and sit by me.

Dana & Thane @ Couchsurfing.org

Quote Originally Posted by ststephen View Post
    Here's some random shots from our two rides.
    GREAT PIX PAUL!! Thanks for sharing!
    If you don't have anything nice to say....come and sit by me.

Dana & Thane @ Couchsurfing.org

What light system did you get?
    I have one for the helmet and one for the bike. The bike is the BikeRay III. and the helmet is the MagicShine. I got them both from GeoMan gear, but looking over the weekend, it looks like they went belly up. They are great lights, so hopefully the battery lasts a long time now that there is no support if needed. I had them running on low the whole time I was riding on the Barrell roll and trail that goes up from the road right after the bridge in Santa Clara.

That trail you went on look fun. I will have to catch it next time I am down there.

muy excellente Can't get enough of those trails