Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The BIG BogleyFest: TBD

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes View Post
    I say do one more poll with

June 15-18
    June 22-25
    Either Weekend

see which weekend gets the most votes.
    Originally, you said "nekid guy on bike", but that ain't gonna happen over the w/e of June 15th - 18th cuz Don's got army stuff going on!!! I have no plans for June yet, so I'm in if this happens in or around Zion, but I'd like to see the nekid guy on a bike. If Don can't make it, someone else gonna volunteer? ;)
    If the shoe fits ~ pretend it doesn

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

June is one heck of a crazy month for me with the Tour de Cure (I am a co-chair of the event) and the MS150 happening. That being said, Kolob Terrace from the 15th-18th has my vote as it is about all I could make. Would love to make it to my first boglyfest!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

I wonder if Don could come down Sunday night through Monday. Not sure when he gets cut loose by the guv'ment...

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    I wonder if Don could come down Sunday night through Monday. Not sure when he gets cut loose by the guv'ment...
    I think he already has plans to come this way the following weekend to meet up with Abirken who will be this way for a family function. That is why I suggested a poll. Maybe run it from 15th to 25th? IDK
    Chere'

We'll be released sometime Saturday the 16th, probably late afternoon. I was thinking I could run down after training on the 16th and stay for 10 days like I did last summer, but there will be a big inspection at my day job the week of the 18th through 21st that I have to be here for. Which is really disappointing because I was hoping to be hiking for the solstice on June 20th. The way things are stacking up I've got doubts about making it down to meet up with Alison. (Which weekend was that again?)
    So, on the topic of this thread; probably count me out and start looking for a new daredevil bike rider.

That sucks Don. Perhaps we do another fest in August...maybe in Moab? Or maybe you can come down Saturday through Sunday for this fest? There will be several other mini-fests this summer too.

I have updated the WHEN and WHERE in the fist thread. Put it on your calendars!!!

I'll keep this weekend in mind, but can't commit yet. Too much in flux for the summer months right now, plus the drive from StG is still a bit too fresh in my mind to plan doing it again (drove home yesterday!).
    It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life. - Ten Bears, "The Outlaw Josie Wales"

Poop! I voted for Kolob Terrace only because I was going to be out in that vicinity but not until the end of the month. Y'all have fun!

Sorry for showing up late to the thread, I'm in

I'm still considering this event. It fits (just barely) with the start of Aaron's summer class. Last year I organized a group in Subway, but I did not plan so far in advance. Anyone making plans for hikes or canyons? It would be nice to see some old faces and meet some more folks I haven't yet had a chance to meet.
    It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life. - Ten Bears, "The Outlaw Josie Wales"

It sure would be nice if it were the next weekend, although I can pitch out of the job I'll be on and come for the 15-18th. Sure would be nice if it were the next weekend, though...

This fest is one month away. Who is going? I need to know what gear to bring...

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Count me in.
    Chere'

THe usual BLUE and more BLUE for the daylight hours.
    Ok maybe some yellow with that order.

All kidding aside do you me toys and tarps and cookware?
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnseeker1 View Post
    THe usual BLUE and more BLUE for the daylight hours.
    Ok maybe some yellow with that order.

All kidding aside do you me toys and tarps and cookware?
    We'll have to see how the plans evolve over the next few weeks, but yeah we usually do a potluck and will need supplies, etc. I hope @rockgremlin (or some other pros) will go down and do some canyons with @Sombeech and I. And who knows, maybe @Fro Bro will make an appearance... It would be nice to say hello to the beautiful @tanya while we are in the area too.
    I'll bring my MTB or MX as well, depending on the plans. Lotta options...

Previous fests...

Noobfests

Bogleyfests

I'm still toying with the idea. Unfortunately I injured my hip a few weeks back and its been slow to heal. If I can't even hike on it then I would just be torturing myself to show up and be unable to do anything fun

I'll be in Cancun on those dates....
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    I'll be in Cancun on those dates....
    Ok, so you'll be there?

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc View Post
    I'd say southern Utah, like the Zion /Kolob Terrace area. There are some large areas up on the Kolob terrace by the reservoir that could easily accommodate large groups. There's water, bathrooms, shade, etc, and it'd free. It works in June whereas Moab will be too hot. Plus there is superb mtn biking nearby, warm weather canyoneering, fishing, hiking, dirt biking, etc. Just a thought. We could easily set up a day to shuttle up to Navajo or Brianhead for some mtn biking or down to gooseberry for the bikers. We could set up trips into the canyons nearby, like Kolob, Boundary, etc. Dirt biking......tons of options, lots of fantastic fly fishing near there.
    @nelsonccc sounds great!