Thread:

Notorious hacker group Anonymous has previously stated its intentions to shutdown the Internet on Saturday, March 31st, as a form of protest. “To protest SOPA, Wallstreet, our irresponsible leaders and the beloved bankers who are starving the world for their own selfish needs out of sheer sadistic fun, on March 31, anonymous will shut the Internet down,” the group stated last month. “Remember, this is a protest, we are not trying to ‘kill’ the Internet we are only temporarily shutting it down where it hurts the most.” Operation Global Blackout 2012 looks to shut down the Internet by disabling its core DNS servers, thus making websites inaccessible. Cyber security experts claim that it is unlikely that such an attack would be effective, however, and there is really no need to fear. Read on for more.

“The Anonymous hackers can certain cause local pockets of disruption, but these disruptions are going to be localized to networks where their attack machines are located, or where their ‘reflectors’ are located”, said Robert Graham of Errata Security. “It’s unlikely they could take all of them down, at least for any period of time. On the day of their planned Global Blackout, it’s doubtful many people would notice.”

Graham does issue a cautionary note, however. “Just because I say Anonymous can’t do it doesn’t it mean it can’t be done,” the security expert said on Errata’s blog.

Read [Anonymous] Read [Errata Security]
    Source: http://www.bgr.com/2012/03/28/anonym...this-saturday/

2. Likes mattandersao liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I dunno man. Initially I was really excited about these guys and what they represented. But their claims lately have exceeded their grasp it seems. Here's hoping they make a comeback.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

These stinking dickwads better not do anything to inconvenience me! Go ahead and make funny videos, write editorials, jump up and down, yell and shout but stay the hell out of my house.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    These stinking dickwads better not do anything to inconvenience me! Go ahead and make funny videos, write editorials, jump up and down, yell and shout but stay the hell out of my house.
    How else will they get your attention?

8. Likes mattandersao liked this post
    Day early eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcricket View Post
    How else will they get your attention?
    They already have it, I know who those dudes are (no pun intended). I have no interest in "suffering for the cause". Why don't they screw with crooked politicians instead? Use all that talent to hack their crap, not mine.

As long as they can't hack my bbq and lawn mower this weekend.....eh. Whatever.
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post
    As long as they can't hack my bbq and lawn mower this weekend.....eh. Whatever.
    IF she isn't happy no ones happy. If she isn't happy long enough you'll unhappy with half your stuff.
    http://childbikingutah.blogspot.com/

Before Bogley drops again, just wanted to say i love each and every one of you. I shall try to brave this place you guys call "outside" and see if there is anything to it.

Back cover of DK album, "Give me convenience or give me death"