Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: La Sportiva Xplorer

Quote Originally Posted by Bo_Beck View Post
    No problem! "Deathcricket" just was in and bought a pair of the Xplorers, so it will be nice to hear how he likes (or not) them after his Birch Hollow hike this weekend. I too will post further about how I like mine after my Kolob Creek hike this weekend? After my Subway hike last weekend I cleaned my Xplorers, dried them and applied Seamgrip to all the threads to extend their durability? I'm wearing them at work right now and they feel as good as the first day I put them on. I also used them all day in Zion for SAR training last sunday and they were super comfy! I tell you....I'm really likin' 'em!
    Well.....they worked great in Kolob Creek as well! Am noticing a fair amount of tread wear, and the laces are taking a hit, but I think they'll keep on going. Will continue to post updates as I wear them. BTW...putting Seam-grip on all of the exposed threads was definately the right move.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcricket View Post
    Oh man! Took these through Englestead/Orderville/Narrows yesterday and they are amazing! Hands down the best friggin pair of canyoneering shoes I have owned. My only complaint is they don't have rockets on them so I can fast forward to the best parts of the canyon! They drain awesome, they stick like mad, no rubbing/blisters on a brand new pair, held up great, etc, etc.

Flawless! Stop reading this, go to Bo's shop and buy some right now! Go! I said stop reading!
    Jacob, be sure to seamgrip all of the exposed stitching. This will greatly extend their life!

Quote Originally Posted by Bo_Beck View Post
    Well.....they worked great in Kolob Creek as well! Am noticing a fair amount of tread wear, and the laces are taking a hit, but I think they'll keep on going. Will continue to post updates as I wear them. BTW...putting Seam-grip on all of the exposed threads was definately the right move.
    Yeah I saw how you had sealed yours and for sure will do that too.

What about the laces though, I noticed they are really skinny/thin. Do you have to get those special? I don't think normal thickness ones will fit through yeah?
    Your safety is not my responsibility.