Thread: Music, Knotted Rope, Lower Baptist

Music, Knotted Rope, Lower Baptist

Visited the Swell this past week (March 21-24). Descended Music, Knotted Rope and Lower Baptist Draw (up Chute).

Music was bone dry. The Muddy is flowing pretty good...mainly knee deep with a few spots that were waist deep.

The potholes in Upper Knotted rope were very low on water though as we progressed down canyon there was more and more water. The pothole located in the central part of the canyon that is very difficult to climb around was waist deep.

Lower Baptist had just one spot with water that was easily avoided. Upper Chute was totally dry!

The roads were all in decent condition...bit rough the last few miles to hidden Splendor but still passable by 2wd. Enjoy!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Blog Entries
    TI've never done knotted before - how long is the exposure to water? A couple hours or is it in and out of potholes type of thing?
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    TI've never done knotted before - how long is the exposure to water? A couple hours or is it in and out of potholes type of thing?
    in and out when I've done it.
    - Gavin

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ghawk View Post
    in and out when I've done it.
    Cool thanks ghawk!
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Nice! I can't wait to give those ones a go! I hope you had fun. Wait, of course you did!

Knotted rope has a significant number of Potholes...most you can avoid with some traversing. Be careful though as the traverses are thin and the consequences are high. Several of the potholes are easiest I think to just plow through and use partner assists. Done mid day this canyon can get very hot as it can be quite open in places. Enjoy!

sk