Thread: Quick ride through the neighborhood with my 2 yr. old (video)

Quick ride through the neighborhood with my 2 yr. old (video)

First use of my new GoPro HD Hero2 was on my son.
    It took me way too long to learn how to do all the editing just to produce a super simple video, but I like the results at least.

Really observant folks will notice this is actually 2 different days. I liked different shots from different days and figured it didn't really matter to me that the shots are noticeably different.

2. Likes blueeyes liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

And in case Vimeo is blocked at your work like it is at mine...here's the youtube version with my less preferred audio due to copyright issues

Video is still uploading as I post this, should be up by morning.
    http://youtu.be/IY7mDytNmKU

Cool! These types of videos will be family favorites in the years to come.

My 3 year old just graduated from his Strider bike to a pedal bike last week. The Strider was awesome. It allowed my boy to completely skip the training wheel phase.

Cool video! I've been trying to train my 5 year old to ride a bike. Converting to a strider type setup seems like the ticket. Hadn't even heard of this before thanks.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcricket View Post
    Cool video! I've been trying to train my 5 year old to ride a bike. Converting to a strider type setup seems like the ticket. Hadn't even heard of this before thanks.
    The strider is rad! It teaches the kid to balance and turn without having to deal with pedaling. Once they have the balance down, put them on a pedal bike with no training wheels, give em a big push and off they go.

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    He is too cute Kent!!! Love it.
    Chere'

Thanks Chere!

I second neileither's Strider love. My boy isn't on a real bike yet, but his balance has come a long way already with this one. He was SUPER slow before because he wouldn't even sit down, just walk with it. He trusts his balance sitting down now and is getting a lot faster.

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    You should ride your bike like he does when you are with him. Pushing with your legs and then goof off picking your legs up and coasting... if he sees you goofing off doing that he will start to try it too. I think those bike are great!
    Chere'

You're probably right Chere...he'll copy anything I do...We'll see how it goes...

Cool idea. Do you have to be concerned about the rear wheel grabbing the back of his heel?
    Are we there yet?

That's never been an issue for him and didn't come up in any of the research I did on it ahead of time (MTBR forums etc) so I can't imagine it's an issue. From watching him a lot the only way his foot would end up hitting that back wheel is if he was pretty far off balance to one side and in that case he'd be crashing anyway...which he has done a few times, just not on video :)

Awesome job! Great editing and music. Fun video!

Thanks accadacca!