Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Rope stolen in the Roost 3/24

Quote Originally Posted by Reverso View Post
    Also, if ya'll see me out there, please steal my truck. You won't regret it at all, its really better than it looks...
    Tie a rope to the hitch and dangle it over the edge. Someone will clean it up for you.
    Life is Good

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Kinda like fishing for canyoneeers. Who/what will take the bait.

Page 5
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by reverse_dyno View Post
    Does that mean that when I go backpacking and decide to go fishing at a nearby lake I need to leave a note on my tent or ratagonia is going to clean up my entire camp? Or does he only do that when I camp in a Canyon? I backpack all over Utah and I need to know these things. If I am three days in and he takes my entire camp; tent, stove, food, extra cloths, I could end up dead! Does every piece of gear need a note on it or just the tent? How about the gear in the tent?

When I bear bag my food I also never leave a note on it, do I need to? If I do will the bears read it and not mistake it for litter?

These Utah rules are weird. I have stashed gear in many different countries and I have never worried about someone taking it; well at least not until I moved here and read this set of posts.

Thanks for the info!!!

Ok, soon to be moving on to page 6 I presume....

Some common places to leave a rope:

300ft into Egypt 2
    Arscenic
    Alcatraz
    300ft into Red Hollow
    exiit of Three canyon
    South fork of NoMans (any canyon done down and back for that matter)

I'm sure there is a long list of published routes where it is really convenient and common to leave a rope either at the entrance or the exit, or fixed to enable return.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    This thread is beginning to read similar to the way someone eating a muffin talks.

So there's these 2 muffins in an oven.
    They're both sitting, just chilling and getting baked.
    And one of them says "Damn, it's hot in here!"
    And the other muffin replies "Holy Crap, a talking muffin!"

Quote Originally Posted by Reverso View Post
    please steal my truck. You won't regret it at all, its really better than it looks...
    don't forget to leave the keys in it.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

wow.

what a bunch of pathetic ****s.

and a serious issue. someone leaves gear to ensure their safety, and the vast bulk of replies are entirely unconcerned. i do not need that (fill in the blank), so nobody does, and if they do they shouldn't be there. so a (fill in the blank) placed by someone who feels the need for it to ensure their safety is trash because those who don't feel the need for it say it is ? so by leaving the (fill in the blank) what horrible and irreversible damage to that place is going to ensue. how many animals will die, or water sources be poisoned, or earth be eroded. what environmental impact is there. whatever it is i am sure the life of the human being who may need that (fill in the blank) for their safety, real or perceived, is totally worth the taking because it offends your advanced sensibilities of who should do what and how when they play outside. exactly why so many people are turned off by the vocal minority of pathetic ****s who's claim to fame is "a great outdoors person" hope i never run in to any of you sorry ****s anytime, i'll keep trying my best.
    signature

10. Likes ndonaldj, Udink, mattandersao liked this post