Thread: Jets acquire Tim Tebow for 2 picks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

It's not a done deal as of right now.... and I would not be surprised if the deal falls completely apart.

I really believe Tebow can win in the NFL, but a team needs to dedicate a good portion of their offense to practicing and perfecting the Single Wing (aka: Wildcat or Spread Option). When a single wing team is really clicking it's a thing of beauty to watch... poetry in motion....

Maybe it's just because I'm a big believer in the single wing because my youth teams have been running it since the late 70's. And the offense has pretty much revolutionized college football. If you don't believe that look at who is being recruited on D to stop it. Guys that would have been passed over 10 years ago as being too small are now 5 star recruits because they are 20 pounds lighter and 1 second faster than the LB's and safety's of 10 years ago.

FWIW: In the 60's when single wing was king of NCAA the preferred defense to stop it was the Wide Tackle 6 or 7 Diamond. I'm still waiting to see an NFL D switch into one of those alignments when Tebow lines up in single wing. Teams need to also draft a backup to run the O so they don't have to worry about getting their QB nicked up And you know a team is not practicing or running a true wing until they start snapping the ball to the FB and BB, which is half the deception building into the O.

Anyhoo... the trick to making the single wing go is practice, as it takes an amazing amount of timing to run it to perfection. The Fins and Tony Sparano are the only team I've seen give it even a half-ass shot. But now Sparano is the OC for the Jets I know why they wanted Tebow so badly. Sparano will make it work in NY if he can get the team to buy into what he is preaching.