Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Breaking the "A" Team entry code

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcricket View Post
    If you have a group of friends and don't know who the big jerk is? Chances are it's probably YOU!!!!!
    This is why the food must be good.
    Life is Good

2. Likes Deathcricket liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Getting into the "A" Team is definitely the pinnacle of canyoneering. Hell being a part of a team is tough to begin with. Just like getting into the lesser "C" team takes a lot of skill as well. Like "air walking".
    Name:  2012-11-03 15-36-49.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  97.3 KBName:  2012-11-03 13-59-25.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  83.6 KB

6. Likes Mojave Silence liked this post
    Ram, I will take your invite: while this has been said well by others, it bears saying again. These folks (in my experience anyway) would certainly never call themselves "A-teamers". They simply make a high priority in their lives of getting out & a lot. That's it. In addition, as Kurt said, they are very fun folks to share days with in the wilderness or in a campsite, and they are overwhelmingly generous with beta they know & I don't. I hope to meet you before long Kurt & share some time in beautiful places with you!

Regarding Tom in particular, rather than arguing one way or the other I will simply share this story: I was recently in Death Valley enjoying a part of the world which I had not previously seen. The evening before my last day there, around a campfire & sharing food & drink, Tom invited me to join an exploration. Again, nothing more than that, and I happily agreed. I had a very fun day seeing a place that (to the best of our ability to tell) had never before been traveled by people - unfortunately, for good reason, but that's how it goes with explorations. In any case, Tom united (certainly did not divide) a group who all had a fun day together & then we shared our story & info with others afterward. I do not doubt Kurt's concerns or judgement, but my experience of Tom has been very different. Try meeting the guy face-to-face & sharing some time around camp & in a canyon with him. My only regret is that I can't manage more days like that because they're fun without exception.

Cheers to all & cheers to Kurt for the terrific photos of the 'animated' Ram, I can certainly relate to the 'chicken dance'. And I encourage all to judge Tom by face-to-face experience before coming to believe anything too negative. Assume good intent until proven otherwise, and give yourself a gift by enjoying a day in the wilderness with him; he's a fun guy.,

Cheers,

Wayne

8. Likes blueeyes, oldno7 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Good Cop View Post
    Ram, I will take your invite: while this has been said well by others, it bears saying again. These folks (in my experience anyway) would certainly never call themselves "A-teamers". They simply make a high priority in their lives of getting out & a lot. That's it. In addition, as Kurt said, they are very fun folks to share days with in the wilderness or in a campsite, and they are overwhelmingly generous with beta they know & I don't. I hope to meet you before long Kurt & share some time in beautiful places with you!

Regarding Tom in particular, rather than arguing one way or the other I will simply share this story: I was recently in Death Valley enjoying a part of the world which I had not previously seen. The evening before my last day there, around a campfire & sharing food & drink, Tom invited me to join an exploration. Again, nothing more than that, and I happily agreed. I had a very fun day seeing a place that (to the best of our ability to tell) had never before been traveled by people - unfortunately, for good reason, but that's how it goes with explorations. In any case, Tom united (certainly did not divide) a group who all had a fun day together & then we shared our story & info with others afterward. I do not doubt Kurt's concerns or judgement, but my experience of Tom has been very different. Try meeting the guy face-to-face & sharing some time around camp & in a canyon with him. My only regret is that I can't manage more days like that because they're fun without exception.

Cheers to all & cheers to Kurt for the terrific photos of the 'animated' Ram, I can certainly relate to the 'chicken dance'. And I encourage all to judge Tom by face-to-face experience before coming to believe anything too negative. Assume good intent until proven otherwise, and give yourself a gift by enjoying a day in the wilderness with him; he's a fun guy.,

Cheers,

Wayne
    We said Wayne. I agree, been out with Tom and crew a few times, always a good time with good friends. I always seem to learn something new too. Come out to one of the fests and say hello.

Kevin

I think I was there too, those pictures looks familiar!!!

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    " If you had been paying attention, passed these tests AND had skills,, I might take you there some day"

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Quote Originally Posted by hesse15 View Post
    Yes you were there...
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

I thought Hesse was the A team?!?

13. Likes hesse15 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I thought Hesse was the A team?!?
    let me get my butt in shape ,already retrieved my bikini collection from storage unit
    more to come!!!!

me ready to show some swimming moves and be fished out
    Attached Images Attached Images  

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    lol, Christina--I remember that swimming move....

The rest of us stemmed, you swam(and looked mighty good doing so.)
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

17. Likes hesse15 liked this post