Thread: putting together a group of 4 to do a 1 hour flight over lake powell

putting together a group of 4 to do a 1 hour flight over lake powell

I'm looking for two more people to join us on a one hour flight over Lake Powell primarily to locate two interesting rock formations, there would be plenty of time to find these and see the surrounding area.
    There would be just 4 on the flight. My buddy can go any weekend so if someone is keen we can tailor in a weekend that would best suit them. We'd fly from Page airport, probably in the morning.

We'd use a professional tour company based at the airport in Page.

Cost would be $125 p/person

If anyone is keen please leave a message.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Hmmm, new member, wants to take me in a small plane over remote wilderness, used the word "keen" twice, wants me to pay $125.00. Suspicious. Probably wants to use their new Go-pro to film me "falling" out of a Cesna into Lake Powell.

Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post
    Probably wants to use their new Go-pro to film me "falling" out of a Cesna into Lake Powell.
    Johnny Utah

Yes I'm new to the forum but this is not a sham, I am in Page right now, I hope to view Faraway Arch and Hourglass Rock.

Faraway looks like a cool arch. I've always wanted to bag that one (stand on top of it), since I first saw a picture of it a couple years ago.

Name:  UT-faraway..jpg
Views: 320
Size:  80.9 KB

From the NSBS
    NABSQNO 12S 505829 4099258 Utah
    It is quite possible that no human has yet visited Faraway Arch. It is perched on a mesa top to the west of Navajo Mountain, surrounded on all sides by sheer cliffs, and is not visible from below. The only approach would be by helicopter or by scaling the cliffs. We have seen video taken from a helicopter that reveals this to be a highly symmetrical arch of exceptional beauty. This aerial photo was taken from a small plane. We welcome any further information about this arch. Photo by David Brandt-Erichsen.

Quote Originally Posted by sanfairyanne View Post
    Yes I'm new to the forum but this is not a sham, I am in Page right now, I hope to view Faraway Arch and Hourglass Rock.
    Please excuse the smart assedness of our members This sounds like it would be very fun.

Hey, my comments were just a joke and mighty tame by Bogley standards, or standard if we have one. I too think this looks fun.
    Life is Good

It was a couple years in the planning but a group of 3 friends and I made an attempt on Faraway Arch (and the Hourglass) this past October. We did not to Faraway, but we get tremendous views of it from the mesa to its north (which I call the Redbud Spine). And we did get to the Hourglass, which was interesting since we had no info on how to get out of Aztec Creek to the area of the Hourglass. But we found a way. Roped climbing every day. Full trip report at

http://stanwagon.com/wagon/utah/fara...hourglass.html

The Winter 2017 issue of SPAN, the journal of the Natural Arch and Bridge Society, will feature a cover and story about our trip.

Stan Wagon

10. Likes Scott Card, devo_stevo liked this post