Thread: On the TSA: The staggering cost, the invasion of privacy and groping (infographic)

On the TSA: The staggering cost, the invasion of privacy and groping (infographic)

2. Likes zzyzx liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I used to fly to and from work every single week. For fun I would always smuggle a pocket knife on board. Just stick it in your shoes, position one shoe vertical and the other horizontal. They can't scan through the metal strips in them, you just make sure the metal in your shoes overlaps the knife and you're right through. Toss some keys in your shoes as well and they cant see jack.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Last year I flew to San Diego and carried a pocket knife, with a 2" blade, right through the scanners (I always carry a knife). I was late and pretty much running through the airport. When I had to empty my pockets I just dumped everything into the Tupperware bucket. At the opposite side of the scanner when I was loading my pockets I notice the knife had gone through so I just stuck it back in my pocket and took off on a run to catch my flight.

The funny part is flying out of San Diego I checked the knife through with my baggage. As I was actually boarding the plane to fly home I was pulled out of line and practically stripped searched.

Number of planes taken out by terrorists since 9/11?

Priceless...

If you want to really cut the costs just allow profiling.... its what Israel's El Al does and they have safe and cost efficient security.

I flew El Al from London to Tel Aviv three months after the Kuwait invasion by the Iraquis. I was surprised by the "apparent" lack of security.
    When I got back home, I learned a little..sorry, a lot about the Israeli (and Mossad) method of "intelligence", and I was much impresssed.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    If you want to really cut the costs just allow profiling.... its what Israel's El Al does and they have safe and cost efficient security.

[Edit]: I stayed in a business hotel near Haifa. I was advised not to go swimming because a Scud had landed a few yards from the beach. I still have the piece of Scud missile I collected in my attic somewhere !

I went through security unknowingly using the wrong boarding pass for a connecting flight. It wasn't until the gate agent caught it that I realized tsa let me in with the wrong credentials.