Thread: mormon mountains

mormon mountains

starting at hackberry springs th, and passing some nice rock art and roasting pits along the way, i hiked up un point 7083 earlier in the week, the summit was covered in 1000's of lady bugs and some small patches of snow. quite enjoyable day.

panel

agave roasting pit

above hackberry spring

heading up to the ridge

summit view

lookin back at the peak

cave

http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/582457584WXYeTf
    signature

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks for this post, I was just looking at some Beta for the Mormon Mtns. We were in Arrow Canyon last weekend and will probably visit these at some point.
    Quoting my best friend, Bob McNally, after a bad boating trip: "Nature scares me!"

Utah photos: www.winpics.fototime.com

Nice, man. I was about 20 miles from there on Saturday, out visiting the tri-state corner. It was my first taste of that kind of desert--never hiked among the joshua trees before. Neat area.
    Blog | FB

Quote Originally Posted by Win View Post
    Thanks for this post, I was just looking at some Beta for the Mormon Mtns. We were in Arrow Canyon last weekend and will probably visit these at some point.
    supposed to be quite a bit of cultural sites throughout. i want to go back and visit yellow man cave sometime. i think i walked past it on the way out, it had jsut been a long day w/ lots of elevtion change already and i didn't have the energy to check out all the final caves i came across.

Quote Originally Posted by Udink View Post
    Nice, man. I was about 20 miles from there on Saturday, out visiting the tri-state corner. It was my first taste of that kind of desert--never hiked among the joshua trees before. Neat area.
    i hiked out in the west desert areas of utah when i lived there, and there is a subtle, yet palpable difference between that and the mojave.
    signature