Thread: Trip suggestions in Utah/Arizona

Trip suggestions in Utah/Arizona

Hi
    I unexpectedly got a car and a months vacation, and I intend to spend as much of it as possible backpacking. On the negative side, I haven't had time to plan ahead thoroughly, so I only know about the most famous destinations.

I have spent the last few days in Zion, and had a great time. My plan is to move on to Bryce canyon and from what I see in this forum, I guess the Coyote Gulch will be nice.
    But a month is a long time and there's a whole lot more to see. Any suggestions?

I'm a pretty expreinced hiker, but I don't have snowshoes, etc. Other than snow, anything goes!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Buckskin Gulch/Paria, lots of canyons of the escalante in addition to coyote gulch, Grand Gulch/cedar mesa area, the other national parks (arches, canyonlands, capitol reef)

Too bad you didn't get a month off in July or there would be hundreds of suggestions. Zion is fun but its too early to do my favorites down there. Everything in southern Utah that I would suggest probably still has snow :(
    Customizable Adult & Kids shirts, onesies, and More
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/CheaperThanShirt

Do the Grand Circle with a few side trips. After Bryce, Capitol Reef then hit Moab there several parks Arches, Canyonlands Islands in the Sky district and Dead Horse Point State Park. Down 191 there is a kinda cool tourist trap right on the side of the road called Hole in the Rock then Canyonlands Overlook (free) and Canyonlands Needles district. Keep going down 191 hit Mexican Hat and Goosenecks State Park (at large camping there) and Valley of the Gods (at large camping there). Head down to Kayenta then over 98 to Page lots to do there. Then you can either do 89A Vermillion Cliffs or 89 Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument. Good luck!!!
    [COLOR=#800080][FONT=franklin gothic medium]"Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L