Thread: Arrow Canyon Wilderness - Nevada

Arrow Canyon Wilderness - Nevada

I think Powderhound mentioned this in another thread so we decided to go check it out.
    It's a nice hike of three miles to the dam and you pass several petroglygh panels.

Quoting my best friend, Bob McNally, after a bad boating trip: "Nature scares me!"

Utah photos: www.winpics.fototime.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nice

I like Arrow Canyon, lots of great rock art thats easy to access, and the slot canyon itself is also pretty cool.

Nice photos. That is an amazing slot canyon, huh? Did you happen to go past the dam?
    "Powder snow skiing is not fun. It is life, fully lived, life lived in a blaze of reality. What we experience in powder is the original human self, which lies deeply inside each of us, still undamaged in spite of what our present culture tries to do to us. Once experienced, this kind of living is recognized as the only way to live

Didn't go past the dam, did I miss anything good? I think we'll go back out there next Winter and look around some more, I used this site for Beta:

http://www.birdandhike.com/index.htm

The slot was very nice:

Quoting my best friend, Bob McNally, after a bad boating trip: "Nature scares me!"

Utah photos: www.winpics.fototime.com

Quote Originally Posted by Win View Post
    Didn't go past the dam, did I miss anything good? I think we'll go back out there next Winter and look around some more, I used this site for Beta:

http://www.birdandhike.com/index.htm
    Birdandhike is a great site for info.

You should definitely take another trip and explore the BLM and wilderness land in the larger wash above the narrows. Find "Dead Man Wash road" and follow it until it ends at the wilderness boundary. Near the end of the road is very much worth exploring...
    "Powder snow skiing is not fun. It is life, fully lived, life lived in a blaze of reality. What we experience in powder is the original human self, which lies deeply inside each of us, still undamaged in spite of what our present culture tries to do to us. Once experienced, this kind of living is recognized as the only way to live