Thread: Otter Creek 3-3

Otter Creek 3-3

My family and I decided to hit the road this week and made the long drive to Otter Creek Reservoir for some open water, hoping to battle some big rainbows with bad attitudes.

The lake is FULL!

Our plan was to hit South Point first and then try the park if that didn't work out. Rolling up to the point area, we saw that the cold temps had left a thin skin of ice over much of the area. Rats.

So we went to the park. Upon arrival, I made sure to say hello to threshershark, who was getting ready to shove off on his pontoon. He reported somewhat slow fishing, but good quality so far.

The usual breeze was already in effect, so we stayed near the group pavilion where the wind worked to our favor rather than against us.

Time ticked by without any action. Sonia had something on her minnow for a minute, but it wrapped her up in some sticks on the bottom, which she caught instead.

Soon enough, the family was content to just hang out in the truck while I tried a variety of tackle and baits. Finally, I hooked up with a solid fish on my first cast with a rainbow Kastmaster.

He was 19" and ended up being the biggest fish of the day.

The kastmaster continued to serve me better and for awhile I caught several more fish before I lost it. Some were pretty small, but a few were decent. They all fought hard though.

A couple of others came in on a minnow too.

For a change of scenery, we returned to South Point, where much of the ice had melted throughout the day. Though the wind wasn't an issue at all, the fishing was very slow.

A gold Kastmaster eventually got the day's last rainbow, but we kept trying for another half hour or so. The slow fishing gave me some time to get some pics of the shoreline ice though.

We left as the sun dropped behind the horizon. The nearest fuel was in Junction, so we took the long way home and enjoyed the last daylight while driving through the scenic Kingston Canyon.

After getting some much needed fuel, we took an opportunity to dine at Hoover's for the first time. It's a place I've heard so much about, but never had tried personally. It was a much needed treat and we were all really hungry.

Wow! What great burgers! I had the "Firehouse" and I'll have it again.

It was a great day to be out and we all had a great time. I even caught a sunburn.

Happy Fishing, Humans.
    Lost On A Hill

Utah Water Log

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Great outing LOAH!!
    livinutoutdoors.com
    Don't talk unless you can improve the silence.
    The trout do not rise in the cemetery, so you better do your fishing while you are still alive. SGH

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LOAH View Post

After getting some much needed fuel, we took an opportunity to dine at Hoover's for the first time. It's a place I've heard so much about, but never had tried personally. It was a much needed treat and we were all really hungry.

Wow! What great burgers! I had the "Firehouse" and I'll have it again.

It was a great day to be out and we all had a great time. I even caught a sunburn.

Happy Fishing, Humans.
    Otter Creek is by far my favorite location. When the fishing is slow, there's always the crayfish. When you're tired of fishing, there's the mountain with the wheelers.

I'm glad you made it to Hoover's. We've been going there at least 4-6times/year without fail -- we've even driven the 2.5 hours from SLC to Hoovers -- just for dinner.
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce