Thread: Meth-Head Woman Burns Down One Of Earth's Oldest Trees

Meth-Head Woman Burns Down One Of Earth's Oldest Trees

Sara Barnes admitted she burned down one of the oldest trees in the world while smoking meth. ​That's definitely not what we mean when we say "burnin' trees." A 26-year-old Florida woman on Tuesday afternoon admitted to burning down one of the oldest trees in the world while smoking methamphetamine.

Sara Barnes was arrested after admitting she set The Senator, a 118-foot, 3,500-year-old bald cypress tree, afire the night of January 16 in Longwood, Florida, reports Mary Nguyen at WFTV.

Barnes, who admitted she was smoking meth with a friend at the time, said she lit the ancient tree on fire so that she could see in the dark, but couldn't stop it from spreading, reports Andrew Jones at The Raw Story.

What do you bet this miserable meth-headed moron had dropped a rock (or pipe) on the ground and was looking for it?

Barnes, unemployed and a "known drug user," hid her face as Seminole County deputies took her away in handcuffs.

"That's sad," said one resident. "A tree that is so historic is gone because someone is being careless."

Authorities said they initially suspected an arsonist, but also believed lightning might have caused the fire. It was through Crimeline tips that they learned Barnes and a friend had been inside the tree smoking meth.

Flames burned the tree from the inside out.

State agents said that Barnes (who is apparently quite stupid) actually took pictures of the fire and had the images on her cellphone and computer. Officials said she showed people the photos and told them "I can't believe I burned down a tree older than Jesus."

Agents said more arrests could be coming up. Barnes is facing felony charges, and could get up to five years in prison.

The Senator, which was a landmark in Longwood, was the fifth oldest tree in the world.

Source: http://www.tokeofthetown.com/2012/02..._oldest_tr.php

2. Likes BruteForce liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Tree survives for thousands of years and can't handle some meth-head that comes along with some matches?
    Tree I am disappoint.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

5. Likes BruteForce liked this post
    I'm all for the legalization of drugs, for many reasons. But I draw the line at meth. That crap is pure poison. A couple of high school friends of mine got heavy into that stuff and it ruined their lives. They're clean now, but all they talk about is how much fun they had when they were "tweekers". Too bad about the tree...

Sorry I know it's a sad deal, but this line cracked me up,
    "I can't believe I burned down a tree older than Jesus."

8. Likes Don liked this post