Thread: The Jug In early March? or other suggestions

The Jug In early March? or other suggestions

Hello all! I will be out in AZ from the 5 - 12 of March to do some climbing, and wanted to get in some canyoneering while I am there. Because I am somewhat unfamiliar with the sport; I have decided that I better keep it easy this go round. The Jug seems to be something exciting, and well within my abilities. Can anyone give me any beta on what I'll need for clothing? It looks like temps will only be in 70 - 80 range, so will a wetsuit be enough, or should I bring a drysuit? Thanks in advance, and if anyone is heading out in that timeframe and wouldn't mind a couple extra, let me know.

Andrew

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymoose View Post
    Hello all! I will be out in AZ from the 5 - 12 of March to do some climbing, and wanted to get in some canyoneering while I am there. Because I am somewhat unfamiliar with the sport; I have decided that I better keep it easy this go round. The Jug seems to be something exciting, and well within my abilities. Can anyone give me any beta on what I'll need for clothing? It looks like temps will only be in 70 - 80 range, so will a wetsuit be enough, or should I bring a drysuit? Thanks in advance, and if anyone is heading out in that timeframe and wouldn't mind a couple extra, let me know.

Andrew
    I was just in Parker Canyon near the Jug on Wednesday and the water in there was pretty cold. I layered a 3/2 full wetsuit over a 3mm shorty and I was warm until the wind started blowing up canyon. A couple of the guys that I went with had drysuits and they were warm the entire time.