Thread: Ocean SCUBA Grantsville UT

Ocean SCUBA Grantsville UT

Has anyone here gone diving in the ocean hotsprings in Grantsville UT? Salt water with sharks, etc. I am thinking of making a trip of it but would like to get a report first. Based on their website it would seem that they often have clarity problems but i can't quite get the story. Would love to hear from someone that has actually done it. Also, I couldn't decide which forum this would best go in so I hope Gen Disc is it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

It's been a while but I actually tested for my open water certification at Sea Base. You're right the water can get quite murky, so I would suggest going mid week and getting there early. If you can control you bc vest enough try to hover just above the bottom without disturbing the bottom. If you're lucky going midweek could make you one of the only divers in the place. Which will give you about 10-15 feet of visibility.
    The shark factor is unbelievable indeed, if they still are alive the nurse sharks I seen should be 10 foot plus by now. They are incredibly tame I layed next to one, and scratched it's back for a good ten minutes at the time that one was a 9 footer. There are also jack tuna schools, puffer fish, angel fish, all kinds, etc.... I think it would be fun for you, but do not go on a Saturday!!!

Also I would recomend blue lake out by Wendover, it's almost as warm as sea base, and plenty of fresh water fish.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk
    "You Sombitch's couldn't close an umbrella"
    Sheriff Beuford T Justice

I did it years ago. Visibility sucks, unless you get there before anyone else. Still cool to dive with nurse sharks.