Thread: What's the north wash looking like this time of year?

Trail Master
    9,500' on a foot hill, of a 14er Above the town of Evergreen Co

What's the north wash looking like this time of year?

Spring break approaches rapidly and we've planned a trip to climb echo tower out in the fishers. I figured I have enough time to get some canyons in as well, assuming they are in reasonable condition (not much water or super deep snow). So who's in the know? what's good?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

In the last month I've done Shenanigans, Main Lep, and Sandthrax. Haven't seen any water anywhere. Nights have been miserable though, like freezing feet in a zero degree bag with down booties on miserable.
    You May All Go To Hell And I Will Go To Texas

Trail Master
    9,500' on a foot hill, of a 14er Above the town of Evergreen Co
    -40* sleeping bag, no biggie, I can do cold nights, not hypothermia. Thanks for the info, Nathan and I might have to rebate shenanigans (I've done it but when I tried with Nate during FF a couple years ago we ended up bailing due to un certain conditions in the dark disparaging depths below the "crawl".

Last weekend we did Shillelagh East and Death Canyon. Shillelagh is dry. Death has one tiny pool at the end. Second hand info says that Blarney is dry and the Leps are all dry except for one pool in the East Fork which you can stay dry at with some skill.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by xxnitsuaxx View Post
    freezing feet in a zero degree bag with down booties on miserable.
    Toss a couple hand warmers in the bottom of you sleeping bag and your feet will stay nice and toasty all night long.

Name:  Heat%20Treat%20Han.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  54.7 KB

Main lep in great condition

A friend and I just got back from Main Lep today and it was in great condition (roughly 60 weather, at times it got warm in the canyon). No snow in sight and no water in the main fork. There was another group there finishing up east lep and they said conditions were good also. We camped the night before and indeed it was cold, but a 0 degree down bag was warm enough. Anyway, enjoy the canyons if you make it there.

I did Main Blarney, East Leprechaun and The Lucky Charms over the weekend. They were all very dry, we encountered a little water in East Lep and the Charms, but it was easy to get over.
    I didn't find it too cold at night. Bring a lot of firewood.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Toss a couple hand warmers in the bottom of you sleeping bag and your feet will stay nice and toasty all night long.

Speaking of warm enough: I now take an xtra water bottle; boil water and fill the bottle; wrap in a shirt and put it in the bottom of my bag. Works great! I think much better than the handwarmers. Should keep you warm enough for March. It only takes fuel!

Hey Jason,
    I saw your FB entry. I can't access FB from school but sent you an email. I'm not available for your Spring Break, but I've got a nice trip planned for March 3-4. Would love to have you and yours along. We could use a strong team. Check your email.
    Penny