Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NASCAR 2012

What's everyone's favorite tracks to attend in person, watch on TV, or maybe attend in the future?

My favorite track I've been to was Richmond, it was the only race I've attended in the "South" and loved the laid-back attitude. Fans are awesome!

The tracks I'd love to attend someday would be Bristol, Martinsville and Charlotte. Maybe Sonoma.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Maybe odd--but I would love to go to Talladega.

Then Bristol or Martinsville, kinda goes to different extremes.

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    You talkin' monument hill?
    No... the hill is too far away, back in the day (80's) the hill was fun because it was $5 and one giant party. But since they expanded the seating in turn 4 (in the 90's) you can't see turn 4 from the hill, which is where everything happens. At PIR you set a driver up entering 3 and make the pass in 4. You can really diamond that end of the track because the corners are so big. Turn 1 is really tight and narrow, In sprints and supers you will see some slide jobs in that corner, but the taxi cabs don't do slide jobs. The only thing turn 2 was good for in the past was watching drivers slam the wall that were not paying attention. If you were out of the groove that wall comes at you in a hurry.

You want the seats in the Richard Petty Grandstand, I like to be high as possible in the actual turn (section SS to VV) that way you have a direct line of sight down the front straight and are watching the cars come at you out of 3. You also have a descent view of pit lane. And the good new is these are some of the cheaper seats at PIR.

I've sat everywhere at that track, the turn 1 & 2 grandstand (Allison) is nicer and more modern, and you have a good view of everything, if you are mid-level or above.... but most the action is at the other end of the track.

http://www.phoenixraceway.com/Ticket...ng-Charts.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    DEGA!!!

Name:  ea10x_2156..jpg
Views: 752
Size:  131.6 KB
    Did you take this photo? Killer seats if you did...

Go Daddy girl gonna be in the race?

Not my pic. Danica will race Saturday in the nationwide race. Her next cup race is the following week in the southern 500 @ darlington

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Wow, Kenseth moving on...maybe to Gibbs they said.

Didn't see that coming...

Kenseth to JGR is a done deal. Joey Lagano is out. JGR is a powerhouse. I'm kinda surprised Ford didn't step in and maybe get Kenseth a seat at Penske, but I also heard Ford blew a large wad of cash to keep Edwards in a blue oval last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I also heard Ford blew a large wad of cash to keep Edwards in a blue oval last year.
    Lotta good that did! Not likely to even make the chase...let alone, win a race.

They also said that no one wanted to sponsor Kenseth...what's up with that?

I believe Roush has sponsor issues. JGR seems to have a sponsor already dialed in. Normally you sign a driver and sponsor together for the same time period. I hear Kenseth will be signed to a 3 year deal and a sponsor is already in place, I'm not sure if it is Home Deposit.

FWIW: I also hear one of the big name teams has been trying to poach sponsors from some of the smaller teams and it is really pissing some people off. The big team is supposedly undercutting the price of putting your name on the hood or quarter panel... the big problem with this is it undercuts the value of what everyone is able to ask a sponsor. I got that info from a crew member of one of the smaller teams...... Just a wild ass guess on my part but I think the big team pissing everyone off and trying to poach sponsers is Roush.

Jr. is second in the Cup standings, and only 11 points behind the leader?! The end times are here!

Anyone know the low down on Allmandinger?

No one is saying what the "substance" was.

dinger's camp is saying it was a positive test for some type of stimulant. he has requested that his "b" sample be tested and is gathering up all medications and supplements he has been takingfor testing to see if something them may have been the cause. apparently he was just over the threshold.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

We now know at least the type of violation which got AJ Allmendinger pulled from the seat of the No. 22 Shell Dodge just hours before last weekend's Daytona race: a stimulant.

Tara Ragan, vice president of Walldinger Racing, released the following statement, presented in full:

"In an effort to help our colleagues in the media report on this in a timely and accurate manner, we wanted to provide some additional details regarding AJ's sample 'A' test results. AJ tested positive for a stimulant. He has no idea why the first test was positive, and he has never knowingly taken any prohibited substance. AJ is collecting his medicines and supplements for testing to determine whether an over-the-counter product caused his positive test.

"AJ and all of us at Walldinger Racing respect NASCAR's testing program, and he has requested that his 'B' sample be tested as part of the process of getting to the bottom of this. We will have the opportunity to review all of the scientific data surrounding the test following the 'B' sample test, but our understanding is that AJ's test was slightly above the threshold. As of this morning, we have not been given notice of when the testing of the 'B' sample will take place. Thanks again for all of the support of our fans, team, and sponsors as we continue working through the process."

This shuts down several possibilities (hard narcotics, for instance) and opens up several others, most notably the possibility that Allmendinger may have unknowingly taken some sort of stimulant that triggered the positive result. Allmendinger recently signed a sponsorship with an energy shot compound called "Fuel in a Bottle," but there is no indication as yet that any specific substance contributed to the positive result.

USA Today notes that NASCAR's rule book defines stimulants as including "amphetamine, methamphetamine, Ecstasy (MDMA), Eve (MDEA), MDA, PMA, Phentermine and other amphetamine derivatives and related compounds."

There has, as yet, been no scheduled testing of the B sample. If that sample was found to be in violation, Allmendinger would be suspended indefinitely and not even considered for reinstatement until he completed a treatment program.

Sam Hornish Jr. will be driving the 22 this weekend at Loudon.

FYI: Randy Lajoie was caught by NASCAR smoking pot. He excepted responsibly, went through NASCAR's drug program and had his license reinstated two months later.

remember that guy in the trucks who was doing heroin on race day? that was nuts. aaron fike was his name.

more strange stuff. woman dresses up dead guy and watches nascar.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/11...ntcmp=trending

This weekend is Dega....

This race should shake up The Chase.