Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NASCAR 2012

What a let down. I was really pumped up for this race...now I'm going to have to avoid all sports news until I can get home to watch the race. Not only that, but I had to endure listening to DW and watch him do that awful scare crow dance for 5 hours...agony.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I was very disappointed.....I had it all set up.. hot wings, beer, 60-inch HD, and the wife was out of the house with the kid for the whole afternoon and RAIN at Daytona.

It will be interesting to see if Danica can make it a perfect weekend.... she is already 2 for 2 in the wadding race cars department.

Anyhoo... the race is now scheduled for 5 pm (MST), Monday night.

Race is delayed again, 5pm MST on Fox.

Here's my picks to win, if we ever get the race in...

1st Choice

2nd Choice

3rd Choice

Honorable Mention:

Of course, it will probably be the 18 or 14 to take the checkerd flag...Just my luck.

Happy Harvick will definitely be poking his nose out front at some time on the last lap.

Friends don't let friends drive Fords.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Looks like a 7pm start, tonight.

First Daytona under the lights.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I had it all set up.. hot wings, beer, 60-inch HD, and the wife was out of the house with the kid for the whole afternoon and RAIN at Daytona.

It will be interesting to see if Danica can make it a perfect weekend.... she is already 2 for 2 in the wadding race cars department.
    Looks like tonight it's gonna be Family Home Evening

For Danica, I wouldn't doubt that Bill France already called the other teams and told them to stay away from their franchise player...no touching her or there will be fines.

Friends don't let friends drive Fords.
    Ha Ha, I grew up with Fords and was, at one time, a die hard fan (that's when I became a Martin/Roush Driver fan) but since seen the light and became a Dodge (Cummins that is) fan.

Since they made the cars all the same, it kinda took that competitivness away from the sport--I'm looking forward to next year and the change back in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandstone Addiction View Post
    For Danica, I wouldn't doubt that Bill France already called the other teams and told them to stay away from their franchise player...no touching her or there will be fines.
    I guess Cole Whitt missed that phone call....

I guess Cole Whitt missed that phone call....

Junior was probably too busy playing his video games to answer Bill's call.

Awesome victory for Matt, Roush and Ford!

Sorry all you Junior fans, it was close.

I was shocked to see Cousin Carl pull off an 8th place finish!

Mark Martin pulled off a respectable top 10 finish.

Happy had a good finish in front of Carl. Maybe I should have done the fantasy racing this year...hummm.

Danica's, Jimmy's, and Stewart's bad luck at Daytona continued.

Another fantastic race at Daytona!

And what race would be complete without Juan Pablo attempting to burn down the track

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    And what race would be complete without Juan Pablo attempting to burn down the track
    I don't do twitter, but I heard that people were tweeting this famous quote after the fiery crash...

I guess that was one way to get his sponsor on TV, sure wasn't by running up front

Nice to see Danica pull off the hat trick.

WTF was Biffle thinking? He stood about a 90% chance of winning if he had of went for the pass coming off of turn 4. That guys not a racer...

As a big fan of open wheel racing I watched Danamania for the past 10 years. I've still never figured it out other than she is a good looking woman. Danica spent 10 years in open wheel and won exactly one race. And in that time she was always the second best female driver in the field as most Indy rail birds will tell you Sarah Fisher is more talented and has done lots more with far inferior equipment and a shoe string budget.

X2
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

Looks like we have a fair number of NASCAR fans on Bogley so I changed the title of the thread to NASCAR 2012 to keep it rolling...

And it's off to Phoenix.... which is one of my favorite race tracks... we used to run a Supermodified and a Sprinter down there every year for the Copper World Classic and it was awesome. The first time I met Tony Stewart he was just a young kid racing a Midget and Sprinter at Copper World. Anyhoo... the trick to going fast at that place was figuring out which end of the race track to set your car up for. Now the track has been reconfigured for this year I hope they didn't screw the place up.

Anyone want to place odds on Danica trashing anther car this Saturday? Until she starts shoving back it going to be a very long season for her.

I had to read that twice...negative 23 points right now! It's been a season of firsts so far.

No biggie for them though, they are seasoned veterans on penalties and Chad K coaching from his lazy boy back in Charlotte.

Anyhow, LOVE PIR. That's where I saw my first race in '92 with my hero (Awesome Bill #9) blowing a big lead in the championship points with a leaky head gasket. But wasn't too disappointed though, Davy Allison was my 2nd favorite and Alan Kulwicki was on my short list. I also got to see Richard Petty drive in his 2nd to last race. Special day.

As far a remodeling the track, I really miss the wall in turn 2...seems like Nascar is only interested in making it easier for the drivers to get around. Takes some of the fun away IMHO.

Been to PIR twice. The first time i thought I had great seats, just at the end of pit road.

Unfortunately, we were too low to see anything but the straightaway and turn 1.(lesson learned)

Trouble in the Johnson camp:
    The last time Chad was caught cheating he was fined, penalized, had points docked and the end result was the 48 won the championship.

Been to PIR twice. The first time i thought I had great seats, just at the end of pit road.

Unfortunately, we were too low to see anything but the straightaway and turn 1.(lesson learned)
    My favorite seats at PIR are high in turn 4.... just about everything exciting happens on the east end of that racetrack.

My favorite seats at PIR are high in turn 4.... just about everything exciting happens on the east end of that racetrack.
    You talkin' monument hill?

http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/opin...llo/index.html