Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NASCAR 2012

NASCAR 2012

I'm done with work for the day.... now I'm off to watch the Daytona Twin 150's.

It's time to see who's for real and who the pretenders are this year.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Tony the Tiger has some muscle and all the Roush cars are fast.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    I'm completely dumbfounded as to why you didn't purchase hotels, pit passes, race tickets, airfare, etc. for you and I to go to speed week.

i was wondering the same thing. would have been a great weekend. the three of us could have had a blast.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

who wants to go to the vegas race?

I actually fly into five or six NASCAR races each year.... but my traveling companion is a lot prettier than you.... and she does stuff for/to me that I'm thinking you might bulk at.

I've been thinking about hitting Vegas.... does anyone know if those coming from Utah can still get off at the Apex exit and use a lot near turn 3? I hate getting stuck in the main parking lot of that place as it takes 3 or 4 hours to get out.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I've been thinking about hitting Vegas.... does anyone know if those coming from Utah can still get off at the Apex exit and use a lot near turn 3? I hate getting stuck in the main parking lot of that place as it takes 3 or 4 hours to get out.
    no idea. i'll be coming up from the other direction.

So... who's your favorite driver?

I'm a big fan of the #18.... wreckers or checkers....

Name:  busch..jpg
Views: 334
Size:  133.0 KB

I'm going for Edwards and Kenseth, but if Martin can pull off an upset the roof will be coming off our house. Martin seems to have a decent car and he seems to do better after he changes teams...

How bout that crash with the 10 car? Do you think it will affect her for the big race? She seemed pretty rattled.

We stayed in the infield of Vegas for many years. It was always nice to leave Monday Morning vs. Sunday.
    Same on arriving, I don't know how busy the Apex exit becomes, but I would speculate--VERY.
    We always came down on Thurs.

As far as drivers
    Used to be on the Kahne bandwagon, especially after his rookie year highlights, as of now--anyone but Johnson

Would it be wrong to be a Danica fan??

she took a hard lick. it was cool to see the incar cam and see her just take her hands off the wheel to save her wrists. and no it's not wrong to be a fan. i dont really have a favorite. some i do want to see do better than others. kyle busch is not one of them however. the kid can drive the wheels off a car though.

Leaning a little harder towards the Danica camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandstone Addiction View Post
    How bout that crash with the 10 car? Do you think it will affect her for the big race? She seemed pretty rattled.

She stuck her Nationwide car on the pole today... so it doesn't look like the crash effected her much.

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    We stayed in the infield of Vegas for many years. It was always nice to leave Monday Morning vs. Sunday.
    I used to have infield parking at LVMS. It's never a problem getting out of the infield, including right after the race. The infield has a dedicated exit and road. That's why you always see the haulers heading down the freeway immedately after the race while the fans sit in the parking lot for 3 hours.

FYI: Apex used to be the hot ticket for those from UT. It was easy in and out, no more than 10 minutes getting out. But I know they closed it 3 years ago and forced those coming from the north into the main lot. I was wondering if they openned it again. I stopped coming to LVMS when they closed the APEX exit.

She stuck her Nationwide car on the pole today... so it doesn't look like the crash effected her much.

I used to have infield parking at LVMS. It's never a problem getting out of the infield, including right after the race. The infield has a dedicated exit and road. That's why you always see the haulers heading down the freeway immedately after the race while the fans sit in the parking lot for 3 hours.

FYI: Apex used to be the hot ticket for those from UT. It was easy in and out, no more than 10 minutes getting out. But I know they closed it 3 years ago and forced those coming from the north into the main lot. I was wondering if they openned it again. I stopped coming to LVMS when they closed the APEX exit.
    Last year we came up the south side and came in near the infield entrance. There was a line of cars turning in that were coming from the north, from the apex exit. I always park on the south side, the Vegas blvd side. I'm pretty sure that they close speedway blvd. so they'll likely force you down to one of the lots between speedway and checkered.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    Leaning a little harder towards the Danica camp.
    Uh yeah.

Looks like APEX is now open.

http://www.lvms.com/fans/directions/

The yellow lot used to be the hot ticket for Utah residents. Use exit #58 (Apex) and park in the yellow lot.

Looks like she was as surprised as everyone else--definitely a confidence builder.

I am kinda getting tired of all media coverage on her though, you'd think she was the only one entered in the race...

danica on the pole conjured up a totally different image for me. just sayin.

22. Likes oldno7 liked this post