Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: '12 March 16-17 - Bogley Motofest - St. George/Mesquite/Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnseeker1 View Post
    I'm not 100% sure if I'll make this one.
    Had an off about 3 weeks ago and took a shot to the ribs.
    Was feeling ok so I went out Sun. for a short and mellow ride and only got 5 miles out when the YZ started backfiring and running like crap.
    So I headed back to the truck and noticed that I sheared off or lost my air/fuel screw. ( have a new one on order)
    Went out yesterday on the XR and was feeling a little sore but mostly ok.
    Then mowed the lawn and edged it and really did something wrong. Pulled muscle in the same area or? 2000 milligrams of Ibuprofen and I finally got to sleep about 3am.
    Its like the muscles under my arm in the rib area just lock up and hurt like hell.
    I thought I was pretty much good to go up till yesterday.
    Quit being a vagina. Man the F up and come. I've custom tailored this route just for you to see if I can make a grown man cry. We will have a blast and truly it's not that hard. Only a couple of rough spots.

We can meet in town somewhere and ride to the launch spot together or we can meet out near Nelson. Probably easier just to meet out there since you guys coming from up north can just roll down the 95 to Boulder.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I'm not 100% sure if I'll make this one.
    Had an off about 3 weeks ago and took a shot to the ribs.
    Was feeling ok so I went out Sun. for a short and mellow ride and only got 5 miles out when the YZ started backfiring and running like crap.
    So I headed back to the truck and noticed that I sheared off or lost my air/fuel screw. ( have a new one on order)
    Went out yesterday on the XR and was feeling a little sore but mostly ok.
    Then mowed the lawn and edged it and really did something wrong. Pulled muscle in the same area or? 2000 milligrams of Ibuprofen and I finally got to sleep about 3am.
    Its like the muscles under my arm in the rib area just lock up and hurt like hell.
    I thought I was pretty much good to go up till yesterday.
    Bummer dood.

Ya
    Right now the ride in the truck down there will make me cry.
    I may just have to self medicate a little and keep the pack light.
    Here's to hoping I can get this YZ put together and reliable for this one.
    But if not the old trusty XR is always ready to roll even if I'm not.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

We can just meet at Nelson. We'll just have to come up with a time. We'll be coming from St George, so I'm guessing if we leave at 7am, it puts us there at 9:30 maybe.
    It looks like another one of our Northern group will be joining us. That puts us Northern boys at Acca, maChete, Double Moo, Glen (new entry) and myself. Getting Stoked!
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

Dam nelson so that is how it is hey?
    Fine, OK hey Garbo let me know what time you are coming through ST'G and I'll follow you boys down to Nelson. Crying or not.

My air/fuel screw showed up today and dam if I have to wait 3 days for the $1.50 spring that showed in the pict. as part of the purchase but was not.
    But on the better side the old screw just fell out and not sheared. :)
    My guess is the old spring broke and it all came loose.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.

Dam nelson so that is how it is hey?
    Fine, OK hey Garbo let me know what time you are coming through ST'G and I'll follow you boys down to Nelson. Crying or not.

My air/fuel screw showed up today and dam if I have to wait 3 days for the $1.50 spring that showed in the pict. as part of the purchase but was not.
    But on the better side the old screw just fell out and not sheared. :)
    My guess is the old spring broke and it all came loose.
    I replaced the one on my WR with the longer adjustable type. I can pull it and bring it, if you don't get the spring in time.

@ Garbo Does this screw have o rings or a o ring? I can't seem to find it on the schematics. I have the MSR one here. RED on the left.
    The right one is a tusk and it looks like I need more than just a spring.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

@ Garbo Does this screw have o rings or a o ring? I can't seem to find it on the schematics. I have the MSR one here. RED on the left.
    The right one is a tusk and it looks like I need more than just a spring.
    I have the one on the right. It does need what you see. washer, spring, washer, o-ring. Sometimes the o-ring gets stuck inside the carb. Get a flashilight and a mirror and check.
    If it is, i'd just leave it and put the rest in. I lost the o-ring as soon as I got mine, and had to go back to the bike shop to get a replacement.

That's what I thought and thank you for the heads up on the possible o ring up inside.

Time and place for day 1?

Hey and if all else fails we can bring some of that watered down UTAH beer for anybody that may be interested.

You know all but bi beer oh wait that was bicyle beer .

Shalammmm . (0)

As soon as Nelsonccc gets us a time, we will plan on meeting at the trailhead. We have 6 riders coming from up North.

Remember you'll be buying a hr. when heading west. Example: leave ST. George by 7am and get there at 8:30 nelson time.

Remember you'll be buying a hr. when heading west. Example: leave ST. George by 7am and get there at 8:30 nelson time.
    Good call. Forgot about that. I suggested meeting in Nelson at 9:30. That would have us leaving St george around 8am. Nelsonccc will post the meet time and place.
    We will have 6 guys, so we may have one ride with you back and forth. We can help with the gas cost as well.

Not a problem but I do have a nasty tabacco habit. It's worse than my spelling.
    But I can keep it to a min. or not at all if need be.
    The YZ is fixed and running like 2 gorillas in compition after the raped ape.(nothing like seconds baby).
    Just something about that old front end coming up without notice that is just a great rush.
    Needs just the ever so light touch of a clutch cable adjustment but she's hitting hard and scarry again.

And the ribbs are sore but feeling better than they have in the last month.

LETS DO THIS THING WE CALL "SPLENDID"

I should really talk nice to my little white girl as she seems to feel she's the one to get thrown out.
    On the other hand the big old girl could care less as she is always ready to satisfy.

Or maybe it's just an age thing. One is stuck up and the other could care less at this point.

My Dad is coming down this time and will be riding my 530. It will be the last chance for anyone to ride it before I put it up for sale...

I've only been exercising regularly for a couple weeks now. We'll see what a couple days of hard riding does for the fitness. Should really get me ready for summer riding. I'm also looking forward to pedaling outdoors in the mornings again and not on the stationary.

It should be a little toasty this weekend too...70s?

Hydrate Hydrate Hydrate. Now if only beer would hydrate me I'd be set.
    It's real easy to get spring fever with the clocks changing and all but it will still snow and most likely for the SLC SX meet.
    But on a better note you will see some blossoms down here this weekend. Hell my lawn is ready for it's second mow job.
    My neighbors hate me.
    Between the dirt bike wheel stands after repairs and my lawn that always make them envious.

I WHAT TO TRY IT out acca if I can.
    Maybe I should bring my BRP seems the old boy has thing for power and all. Sorry I just could not resist.
    It will be great riding with everyone and I'm looking forward to it.
    But I really want to climb onto these here blue and yeller bikes for a jaunt. And I hope that it is.

The sad part is even if you guys give me a shot at one I can only just ride and not get after them. I meen let's face it even if I sold both of mine I'd only be about half way...... to the road of replacement.

Oh this is just too cool.
    Sounds like the hole dam tribe minus a few here and a few there that by the way I was hoping to meet but theres always cherry creek in april maybe. HINT HINT.