Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: '12 March 16-17 - Bogley Motofest - St. George/Mesquite/Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc View Post
    Jarrod is a maybe for the 16th. His baby is due on the 23rd so he's a little iffy. I'm pretty sure hell make the 16th but probably skip out on the 17. I however will do both an I'm already route planning a super hard route thru Nelson that will make mark cry.
    Good luck with that! The only thing that makes me cry is riding slow Ha!! Looking forward to it.
    I just dropped by to see what condition my condition is in.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

YEHAW oh no that could be this Mark.
    Bring it and we will learn.

On a small side note: I was planing on heading out in the morn to check out the Rhino Rally at Warner Valley then found out that the works race is in Mesquite so works it is baby.
    I'll do my very best with this POS point and shoot.:)
    Besides the views will be rounder if you know what I mean.
    Glad to hear that the boys down under are in on this one if only 1 day for the rabbit.
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.
    Life is good and life is fare.

So this new route nelson, Is it with technical climbs and such?
    I was thinking of putting my stock unweighted flywheel on the YZ but maybe I should hold off.
    Maybe I'll just do it and take it out to see just how hard she hits anyway. I can always go back.
    You know me either way it's going to be a challenge but I was just thinking of the sand washes and getting up to some speed to stay up on top.
    Any thoughts?
    If you want to ride let's ride and if you want an attitude well we just need to do some more ridding.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnseeker1 View Post
    So this new route nelson, Is it with technical climbs and such?
    I was thinking of putting my stock unweighted flywheel on the YZ but maybe I should hold off.
    Maybe I'll just do it and take it out to see just how hard she hits anyway. I can always go back.
    You know me either way it's going to be a challenge but I was just thinking of the sand washes and getting up to some speed to stay up on top.
    Any thoughts?
    It's hard for me to truly be subjective regarding Nelson, cause Jarrod and I ride at least twice a month. I'm used to the hills and such. Perhaps Garbonzo can elaborate has he's been there and it was new for him. It would essentially be the same loop but with a few more technical spots thrown in on the back half of the loop. Typically the hills are steep, loose, and rutted out. Most of this area is true desert singletrack.

This is the TR from Mark and I when we did it last. http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...n-Hills-5-2-11 Likely will be the same loop +/- a few detours of harder stuff on the back side.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

OK - great that's the kind of info that will keep me from making the change and staying with the set up I am using now.
    This bike does seem a little slow in the open stuff but I need all the help I can muster for the fun stuff.

And thank you for the tip nelsonccc.

Oh ya, Are these loops a pack a lunch for the trail or is it more like lunch in the parking lot and get ready for round 2?
    Miles and gas?
    20 mile loops?
    OR?

Here's to hoping the weather just dumps 2 and 3 days prior to the ride.
    Dust sucks and traction bucks.

You all best be praying to the traction gods.
    You know RAIN<SLEET"HAIL and even SNOW.:) But mostly the god of no dust.!!!.

It will be fun no matta.

Dang 17 days and counting and we have what ? the same ol 5-7 peeps.?
    Cool lets ride.

It is best that we tear up the southern thing soon.
    Plenty of time before the snows melt for the Northern rides (SINGLE TRACKS DOODS) single tracks.

Now for just a little funny.
    OK ready ????
    I have met more Marks this last year than I have met Marks in my intire life.
    Signed Mark the Mtnseeker1.

In the old days they commercials like Honda( you meet the nicest people on a Honda)

Now days you meet the most down to Earth peeps on the roost if your close enough.

But please be careful to not cut them while roosting them hard core.

Is Jarod having a Boy or Girl?

I think Mtn Seeker is trying to drive up his post count. Either that or he has typing turrets. He's a prime example of what too many drugs at a young age will do to you as you get old!
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

I think Mtn Seeker is trying to drive up his post count. Either that or he has typing turrets. He's a prime example of what too many drugs at a young age will do to you as you get old!
    As long as it is about motorcycles, I will keep reading them.

I agree with RedFox .................... what were we just talking about?

Jeeze guys so I've been around a wee bit.
    See the pattern here?
    My MTB may not go down the trail fast but it can pack some serious shit.
    Tem there saddle bags are about 3' by 2' by lets pack the friggin piano man.

I know I know. Them crazy ass Dead Heads.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Now in all Honesty the only thing I can say I am having trouble with is the fact that I'm out of work right now and those that think they never will be in the same shoes Im in now!

However I have lived of this bike for three months.
    Now if I can just figure out how to do this with my dirt bike and keep it fueled and maintained.

Best of luck to you brothers and sisters.
    I'm pulling for ya.

So is it Nelson,NV? That we are meeting at and what time NV of course?
    Or do we drive in west from there to meet at the mine area?
    And this is on the FRI-16th?

And SAT. the ride is meq.?

Went for a little walk about today and the ribbs are pretty dicy at best from my last ride with Moab Mark and the boys. Had a small off that is still haunting me some.
    But we have 2 weeks still and well, IM IN.
    TYPING TORRETTS and all.

YEEEE friggin HAWWWW
    I can just see it now.
    It will be like 5 hrs trying to get to the top of the big sand climb.
    Then someones going to need some more petro.
    Friday will rock but sat. is going to be a war on bikes so please nobody be the looper.
    king as we already have one

Looking forward to the hell on wheels bro.
    Lets get them twisted.

Seems to me that Sat . would be the day to break out the BRP. and Fri. the sexy little white machine.

By the way hows the snow up that way?

I still am going to try to get the stock fly wheel on and she just how hard she hits (YZ). Got a lot better tire on her than the other.
    I'm so friggin stoked it still hurts my ribbs from the last we bit o fun.

WAY stoked to see these here new euro rides while they are still shiny and bright but get picts fast.

After looking over the trip report from when Mark was riding down there with nelson I was thinking there should be tons more dust, I am a little taken back but the single tracks look fast and fun.

I was thinking it should be a lot more dusty.
    Very nice and the vid never shows the true grade to things.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnseeker1 View Post
    And this is on the FRI-16th?

And SAT. the ride is meq.?
    The plan is to ride Nelson, Hills (Nelson, NV) on Friday, then Mesquite on Saturday. We (Accadacca, Double Moo, maChete and myself) will be staying in St George, and then will head down early each day.
    As far as the meeting spot on Friday, we will wait to see what NelsonCCC has planned. Hopefully we will have others joining as well.

21. Likes maChete liked this post
    I'm not 100% sure if I'll make this one.
    Had an off about 3 weeks ago and took a shot to the ribs.
    Was feeling ok so I went out Sun. for a short and mellow ride and only got 5 miles out when the YZ started backfiring and running like crap.
    So I headed back to the truck and noticed that I sheared off or lost my air/fuel screw. ( have a new one on order)
    Went out yesterday on the XR and was feeling a little sore but mostly ok.
    Then mowed the lawn and edged it and really did something wrong. Pulled muscle in the same area or? 2000 milligrams of Ibuprofen and I finally got to sleep about 3am.
    Its like the muscles under my arm in the rib area just lock up and hurt like hell.
    I thought I was pretty much good to go up till yesterday.